Just want another drive using RAID???

Scaa

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 8, 2002
Messages
208
I used to have 3 machines. The third machine I copied my music over to, and some other stuff, and was just on the network, I think there are 2 drives in there. The PSU died, and then I was like why do I even have a third machine it gets hot and is just more noise.

I have 2 Hard drives and a Rom in my main machine but my board has RAID on it. Can I just use these additional slots for more hard drive IDE slots? Do I have to set it up as a RAID, can I just set it up as disks F and G? If so how do I do that.

I know I have the additional slave left over and I might do that as well and set up 1 of them as the second slave and then use a mirror RAID for the leftover disk, but what will happen if there is already info on that hard drive I make the mirrord RAID disk. Would I have to format it first, and then will it copy everything that is on my current D: (the one I want mirrored) automatically?

I am sorry I am new to this.
 
You should be able to use the ports on the RAID controller as normal IDE ports with very few exceptions. Your particular board may have a jumper to change or it may just be a software toggle in the BIOS.

Without knowing the board brand and model number I can't say for sure.
 
Back
Top