• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just Upgraded; Computer Won't Boot!

Burke888

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
736
Hey guys,

I just swapped out an Intel Core 2 DuO 2.67GHZ E6700 4M Cache 1066MHZ, and put in an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600.
The motherboard is a EVGA NForce 680I SLI MB.

When I turn the computer on I get power. The LEDs and fans all are running fine. However, I don't get any image on my monitor and I don't get the usually single beep my computer makes when I turn it on. I am wondering what the issue could be?

I appreciate the help, thank you!
 
I tried putting in my old CPU and I still get the same problem. I even pressed down on all of the components to see if that would help.

I don't understand how I can do the CMOS if the PC won't boot up?
I can hear the fans and see the LED's but it doesn't boot up.
 
Pull the RAM. Place one module in the slot farthest from the CPU. Then try again. This normally works for the 680i SLI boards.

Did you make sure you had a 45nm compatible BIOS previously to upgrading the CPU?
 
Did you make sure you had a 45nm compatible BIOS previously to upgrading the CPU?

No.
When I tried to put in the old CPU to upgrade my BIOS, my computer still wouldn't boot up. I would get the fans and lights, but nothing else.
 
what message are you getting from the 2 digit led thing on the motherboard. usually when it boots correctly it should say FF or something like that.. what is yours saying?
 
I went ahead and ordered a new motherboard off of New Egg. Hopefully that may fix the problem.
 
Back
Top