Just turned in my 10th WU

Eulogy

2[H]4U
Hello! So I started folding in general (and, of course, for the [H]orde!) on the 5th, and just now turned in my 10th WU. I only have two machines folding, and they're not 24x7 folders. One is a VM on my ESX host and the other is my laptop. I'm waiting to see how much my power bill goes up, but if it doesn't jump through the roof, I'll be starting to look into getting myself into a dedicated 2p or 4p system for folding. :) Glad I finally joined up. Here's my stats page: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Selta
I joined up over at hardfolding.com as well, though I'm not sure I've figured out my way around that particular page just yet.

Grats. Just get a 4p box. It's a great heat source in the winter.

I just turned in 13 WU so far ;) on my AMD X4 and a 560Ti. Link

I can also configure (like anyone else) F@H on 2 Cores out of my 4 @ 50 or 75 percent, and the GPU client to Fold when gaming in Team Fortress 2 ( A Valve/Source engine game like Counter Strike for example) without any slowdown because the Source engine graphics is so under demanding on the GPU like 10-20 percent is used!! So if you play any under demanding GPU games online I would suggest folding on the GPU when gaming, and if a person has say a 6 or 8 core CPU think to figure out how to use their extra available unused CPU Core resources to Fold with. SO that's kinda cool that it is more user friendly.

When I run BF3 I have to pause everything GPU and CPU Work Uploads or else my FPS goes to 30-40fps. I'm thinking if I had an 8 core I could run 2 cores maybe up to 4 cores full time and still play BF3 just pause the GPU client...dunno though haven't tried it. When I watch Youtube videos or Movies I have to pause just the GPU so videos won't skip.

More people should do like you. This especially if your living under poverty conditions and can get your government to rate your energy bill every month/yearly based off of a lower than normal income. ;) Take your W-2's to local government building (make an appointment sometimes you have to wait like a month in my case) who do this and if you make under a certain amount based on the amount of people in your residence/home you will be approved for a year in USA! It helps out a lot in the winter months and you can fold and game till your hearts content and no surprise bills because they rate it at a maximum limit therefore it can ever be for example NEVER over 150.00 if it works out like that. Depends on location and other variables, but it's easy and well worth the time!

Last edited:
I sense an imbalance in the force teletran8... There is a problem with your team number. It lacks the number "33".

Back