Just sharing.. nothing important haha

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Got one half of my parts in. This is on my desktop, sig rig below. Got the other half coming to install on my 30+ TB NAS. Cant wait to get to iperf'in and bench'n.

For now this is all I can share because I dont have the rest of my parts yet.

Im waiting on my second XF Intel Card for my NAS, my second Cisco X2-10GB-SR adaptor to arrive, and some "Aqua" OM3/4 50/125 from Monoprice to arrive. I just had a bunch of spare 62.5/125 OM1 orange laying around which supports 10gbit all day long as long as you are not going more than about 15 meters or so. And I am FAR under that.

capturecv.jpg

and

10gbq.jpg

Unfortunately not... I have currently "only" 2x1Gbit/s (LACP) in the basement as uplink...

I guess this one beats that one? ;-)

http://imgur.com/a/6eIDp

No normal home user could ever create that much bandwidth to saturate that link.

That looks like "under development" unit. Probably up and coming DataCenter core switch card and will probably cost around $55,000 a card. I think I have heard of Cisco and Juniper deploying a few of these out in the wild here and there but only telecom giants like Comcast, ATT, etc... are going to have those for now. Datacenters like Google will employ a few as well Im sure.

I wish I could afford the drives to saturate my GbE, much less 10GbE. 4 15K RPM SAS drives won't max it.

I wish I could afford the drives to saturate my GbE, much less 10GbE. 4 15K RPM SAS drives won't max it.

4 15K SAS drives will eat a gig connection for breakfast...

4 15K sas drives will be eaten alive by 10ge on the other hand.

Hell my SSD will eat up half of an 10ge link in burst sequential transfers.

I did a build once for a server using 5x 256GB Crucial M4 SSD's on a 6gbps raid hba.

That array would completely destroy a 10ge link. I wish I could have kept that hardware muhahaha. The only thing that would eat the array up would have been a 20 or 40gb Infiniband.

4 15K SAS drives will eat a gig connection for breakfast...

4 15K sas drives will be eaten alive by 10ge on the other hand.

Hell my SSD will eat up half of an 10ge link in burst sequential transfers.

I did a build once for a server using 5x 256GB Crucial M4 SSD's on a 6gbps raid hba.

That array would completely destroy a 10ge link. I wish I could have kept that hardware muhahaha. The only thing that would eat the array up would have been a 20 or 40gb Infiniband.

Yep 4xSamsung 830 256GB in raid 10 can fill 10gig quickly on sequential transfers.

No normal home user could ever create that much bandwidth to saturate that link.

That looks like "under development" unit. Probably up and coming DataCenter core switch card and will probably cost around $55,000 a card. I think I have heard of Cisco and Juniper deploying a few of these out in the wild here and there but only telecom giants like Comcast, ATT, etc... are going to have those for now. Datacenters like Google will employ a few as well Im sure.

You mean like no normal user would ever need more than 640kbyte in RAM? ;)

It seems that 100GbE is already being runned at several IX's around the world.

Here in Sweden it seems that Netnod will light up its 100GbE service at 26th november: http://www.netnod.se/bahnhof-becomes-first-netnod-100-gbps-customer

You mean like no normal user would ever need more than 640kbyte in RAM? ;)

It seems that 100GbE is already being runned at several IX's around the world.

Here in Sweden it seems that Netnod will light up its 100GbE service at 26th november: http://www.netnod.se/bahnhof-becomes-first-netnod-100-gbps-customer

Sure your point is made and considered however what .... in like 15 years maybe. Im thinking gigabit will stay the norm until ISPs are giving us all gig links to our homes before we will make 10g the norm for home users globally.

Yeah sure us mega enthusiast do NOT count in the common sense equation.

Hey 100ge try this one on for size hahaha....

http://www.popsci.com/technology/ar...es-top-100-terabit-second-speeds-fastest-ever

And after reading the above link... imagine that all this technology still can't move the amount of data that the Human brain does just thinking about taking a shit in the morning when you wake up LOL.

Back