Just scored a Pair of Silver 100s - any good?

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Free is free by all means - but I don't know anything about the brand Monitor Audio.

Any thoughts?

Brand new in the box - boss didn't want them as they've been in storage for a few years and there's a ding on the box.
PXL_20240605_191931991.jpg

Well, depending, weather can wreak havoc even on "the best". And these to rank up there amongst the best. So hopefully they are in good shape. Don't know how much "the score" was for, but these are normally pretty high end.

Well, depending, weather can wreak havoc even on "the best". And these to rank up there amongst the best. So hopefully they are in good shape. Don't know how much "the score" was for, but these are normally pretty high end.
Luckily, the storage is inside our company building.

Thanks for the input.

Silver series isn’t top of the brand but they’re certainly higher end than what I have (not Monitor Audio speakers).

Enjoy!

Opened them up and they were unscathed. Perfect condition with all of the wrapping in place.

I've pulled my RP-160s out from my PC and are now using these. Definitely a more balanced sound over my Klipsch. Not entirely sure if they're THAT much better, but they definitely are better. Maybe I'm just accustomed to the Klipsch sound for so long. I will say, while Klipsch comes off rather bright, these have a bit more clarity and balance throughout the mids and highs.

Very nice speaker set.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240606-000348.png
    Screenshot_20240606-000348.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240606-000327.png
    Screenshot_20240606-000327.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240606-000309.png
    Screenshot_20240606-000309.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Nice haul, the silver 100s are what I wanted to get for fronts but couldn't quite accommodate their size so I went with the 50s. They have a nice rich warm sound which is typical of the UK speaker brands but don't really distort or drop any frequencies like some with warm sound. My only complaint is that they can be a bit too revealing at times though I guess that should be expected with a name like Monitor.

Mine continued to break in and sound better for at least 100 hours of listening at moderate volume.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they're free floating in the front and the driver is mounted through the back of the speaker into the driver. The mounting can potentially require re-tensioning if they get loose(they should be fine, mine have been for years) but be careful if you do because you can crack the driver if you over torque it.

Back