Just Reformatted, SATA drive missing?

AngryJim

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 20, 2006
Messages
234
You'll have to forgive me for such a newb question, but here goes.

I just reformatted my computer with windows XP. I have an ATA and SATA drive in my computer. My setup has always been OS on the ATA and SATA as backup. So I reinstalled windows onto the ATA just a few moments ago and now my SATA has vanished.

I've looked around Western Digital's site for the drivers (drive is a WD2500KS) and found nothing that looked important. I vaguely remember the installation process involved some utility within windows, but I can't put my finger on what it was. Also, I've got about 200 gigs of data on the drive that would be a serious pain in the ass to lose. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

AngryJim:mad:
 
May've become unmounted.

Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Manager

Then import the disk that's missing
 
That's only showing my two partitions on the ATA drive (C and D) but no mention of the SATA drive (was E on my old install).

Whenever I restart the bootup screens say the SATA is detected and it gives the correct drive space. I'm gonna go poke around my BIOS to see if I can find anything.

Thanks
AngryJim:mad:
 
Ok never mind, Windows just gave me the "New hardware detected" thing and installed a SATA driver for me, found everything and got my files back, thanks.
 
Back
Top