Just put together server using Norco RPC-4220.. questions..

jonnyjl

Limp Gawd
The front control panel, is this known to be a common defect?

At first, pushing the power/reset buttons felt weird (no feedback) but I thought maybe its some new fangled button. After putting my system together, it wouldn't power on.. but I jumpered the Power Button on the mobo and it powered on. Unscrewed this thing and sure enough, it was readily apparent that this thing wasn't even close to the front panel buttons... No way I can screw it in properly, wouldn't mind gluing it in place but the LEDs don't apparently work either.

Anyone know where I can just pick up the control panel? I'm going to try calling mwave/norco but I'm not hopeful. I can always return the case but that's the least appealing option.

Contact Norco, they're the only ones that will be able to help and their support has been good in the past. Most places are just drop shipping from them anyways, rather than actually stocking the case, so I don't know if MWave would even take an exchange.

Contact Norco, they're the only ones that will be able to help and their support has been good in the past. Most places are just drop shipping from them anyways, rather than actually stocking the case, so I don't know if MWave would even take an exchange.
I've sent them an e-mail, hopefully I can get a satisfactory resolution.

I could merely dremel out the screw holes and mount it properly, but with the LEDs also not working it wouldn't make sense to do that.

PS How'd the pictures come out? Lol, It seems like I can see the problem in the pictures, but I also know it exists and seen it in person :)

An update, Norco responded the next business day (Monday), I provided them my invoice and shipping address and they'll be sending my a new control panel. Should get it today... will update when I have it installed.

Back