Just pcked up a 2600k how to deternmine batch?

XdVeLoPeX

Gawd
The cpu says its made in COSTA RICA and the number under is 3129B195 then theirs a little black 4 digit code on the black part says 0694 on the box the SN is L112109A0694 im assuming the first number is the batch cause i saw it on the box but how do I know if this is a good cpu or are they all really good overclocked im on a h50 setup

well i dont have a case atm was going to go grab one but if i could get some info on which chip numbers seem to be 5ghz+ i would try to pick antoher one lol for some reason i think this is one of the original chips from launch just sold now.. numbers are not found online not ONE result..

3129B195 is the batch number
google for that number, there's a few folks that hit 5ghz with it, but it seems to vary alot (meaning within the same batch number, the overclock varies )

damn, I was going to pick one up this week via the microsystem 2600k+mobo deal...maybe I should buy a loose CPU with good batch or wait until the 2700k launches next Monday

i still havent opened the mobo or cpu if your interested shoot me a pm with what you would like to pay

my code: L112109A-0694

1st letter or digit = plant code (Malay)
0 = San Jose, Costa Rica
1 = Cavite, Philippines
3 = .............., Costa Rica
6 = Chandler, Arizona
7 = .........., Philippines
8 = Leixlip, Ireland
9 = Penang, Malaysia
L = ............, Malaysia
Q = ..........., Malaysia
R = Manila, Philippines
Y = Leixlip, Ireland

2nd digit = Year of production (2001)

3rd & 4th digits = week (49th week )

5th - 8th digits= lot number

10th - 13th digits = serialization code

was trying to use that on my code but cant figure it out... says COSTA RICA but the L stands for malaysia?? and then the 2 is not even LISTED AT ALL??

Batch numbers don't seem to matter with Sandy Bridge, as they tend to vary all over the place. For Nehalem, it did matter, but it seems to be extremely random with Sandy Bridge. I wouldn't really worry about it, and I don't think you should care about it either.

well i have not opened the motherboard or cpu because I still dont know if it is going to be worth the 500$ i paid for the items.. my i5-760 was running at 4ghz *(is running lol on h50 water) how much of a difference (i ONLY GAME) would i see fps wise from the upgrade???? i could return the parts and maybe buy a 580 or something to replace my gtx570???

If I'm getting you correctly, you're running on a single 570.

You will see absolutely no performance benefits whatsoever in going to a 2600k. You're graphics limited here, not processor limited.

yea but this is where the main problem was... i was graphics limited running this gtx 570 even overlcoked to 875/200 but my motherboard only has 1 pci-e slot... so if i was to keep the i5-760 and upgrade my gpu (cant afford 590 not would I want it or cant run anything in sli due to motherboard) forcing me to sell my current gtx 570 (wont happen) and upgrade to a what.. 580.. for 6 fps more... HAD to change my mobo for sli either way figured staying in 1156 was pointless..

There is no way to guarantee by batch # how high your OC will be.You paid $500 for what was advertised on the box.Anything more is gravy.I would bet though that you will be able to OC past the ureent 4ghz youre at now though.Seems like you are surrounding the solution with problems.So I refer you back to my original response in post #2

my code: L112109A-0694

1st letter or digit = plant code (Malay)
0 = San Jose, Costa Rica
1 = Cavite, Philippines
3 = .............., Costa Rica
6 = Chandler, Arizona
7 = .........., Philippines
8 = Leixlip, Ireland
9 = Penang, Malaysia
L = ............, Malaysia
Q = ..........., Malaysia
R = Manila, Philippines
Y = Leixlip, Ireland

2nd digit = Year of production (2001)

3rd & 4th digits = week (49th week )

5th - 8th digits= lot number

10th - 13th digits = serialization code

was trying to use that on my code but cant figure it out... says COSTA RICA but the L stands for malaysia?? and then the 2 is not even LISTED AT ALL??

So for your chip -
L112109A-0694

L = Malaysia
1 = 2011
21 = week 21 (Week 21 May 23, 2011 - May 29, 2011 )
09A = lot number

All chips are random, so knowing the batch information doesn't matter. Its still all luck with these.

Dude.. you will not notice any difference on the 2600k if you run it at 5ghz or if you run it at 4.3ghz (which all of them should be able to achieve without any problems) in gaming, so I wouldn't worry and cry about it and just enjoy the damn thing!

my new 2600k did 4.7ghz just by setting the multi to 47 and keeping everything else auto on my board, stable as a rock, i bet i can go further with it.

clearly it wil overclock past 4ghz etc but thats not MY PROBLEM.. my problem is that i am being lmited by my GPU (gtx570) with my current i5-760 @ 4ghz the only i would gain from what i can tell oing to the 2600k @ 5ghz+ is HT (maybe de0pending on the oc and it does nothing for games??) and the ability to upgrade to a 22nm ivy brigdty cpu when it cmoes out without having to change this mobo (also allows me 3 slots for sli or crossfireX) and imt not sure if its worh 500$ when i could just wait and drop this money into a new 6 series card... thats what i am trying to figure out NOT ON PAPER WISE
BUT FPS WISE i wont see a 10 fps difference between the 2 will i?

what would be better

A: return 500$ worth of 2600k @ Asus P7P67-Pro and buy new 6 series when released
B: keep sb-e parts try to sell i5-760 or give to family and not upgrade to new video card (whats the dif?)
C: basiclly id wanna kno if i had the i5 vs the i7 and a different card that doesnt bottleneck would the fps jump ALOT higher oh and i ahvent been able to put it together cause i dont hava ide to sata adapter

what would be better

A: return 500$ worth of 2600k @ Asus P7P67-Pro and buy new 6 series when released
B: keep sb-e parts try to sell i5-760 or give to family and not upgrade to new video card (whats the dif?)
C: basiclly id wanna kno if i had the i5 vs the i7 and a different card that doesnt bottleneck would the fps jump ALOT higher oh and i ahvent been able to put it together cause i dont hava ide to sata adapter

D: keep sb-e parts try to sell i5-760 ,use that money to go SLI 570

Batch numbers don't seem to matter with Sandy Bridge, as they tend to vary all over the place. For Nehalem, it did matter, but it seems to be extremely random with Sandy Bridge. I wouldn't really worry about it, and I don't think you should care about it either.

I'm not convinced batch numbers matter for nehalem either tbh.

Back