Just passed Security+ 2008

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I just passed Security+ 2008 with an 825 :D, pretty good score. I got to say the test itself was not easy, the questions were very hard or i found that the questions were covered on stuff that i studied but the answers you could choose from were different from the study material. I actually thought I was going to fail while I was taking it and i Marked about 15 questions because I was unsure.

The study material was pretty easy I used the Sybex book and Mike Meyers passport along with any study guides and practice tests I could find online, i went into the test knowing pretty much everything i guess at the end studying hard for it let me choose the best answers.

I now have

Network+
Security+
70-620 Windows Vista Configuration

grats on the pass. i want to take security+ as well. what do you need to pass 785 or something? i forgot.

Nice job! What's next?

I'm not sure, going to take a break for a few weeks, but since I now have Network+ and Security+ I may go for the A+ just to have all 3 and I know i would be able to pass it with some easy studying.

I am definitely doing CCNA at some point.

But I may look into doing the Windows MCITP Server Administrator, only 3 tests needed and I take it that it is basically the new MCSA?

ahh cool you have a soild plan then. i do recommend a+...thats a good one to get out of the way. i would do a microsoft cert and do cisco cert. will look good on a resume and is in demand.

ahh cool you have a soild plan then. i do recommend a+...thats a good one to get out of the way. i would do a microsoft cert and do cisco cert. will look good on a resume and is in demand.

I already have MCTS windows vista client exam.

I think I will knock out eh A+ next though

after A+, Server+ becomes a walk in the park as well....

Server+ looks like some good stuff stuff to know. Even if the cert sucks I find studying for them gives you a lot of knowledge about the subject. I learned A LOT of new stuff with Security+ and I now feel I have a pretty decent understanding of security.

I just did some research and all the server+ stuff is very dated but there is a new 2009 exam coming out this year with new stuff like virtualization.

Back