Just ordered watercooling parts!

invalidbuffalo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
419
I went onto Jab Tech and they finally had everything I wanted for my upcoming mod in stock.

I ordered:
2 EK Waterblocks EK-FC8800 GTX - Delrin Top (1/2" barbs)
D-tek FuZion CPU Water Block (1/2" barbs)
Thermochill PA120.3
Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump
Swiftech MCRES-Micro

I didnt order tubing or barbs for the radiator yet because I don't know what to get.

Any recommendations?
 
If you've got 1/2" barbs for the blocks, a native 1/2" barbed pump then it would follow to get 1/2" barbs for the rad. Just my thoughts on it of course. Had you not ordered the barbs with the blocks I'd have suggested going 3/8" after getting a set of reducers for the pump.

Still, going with 7/16" MasterKleer will net you nearly the same OD as going with thicker wall 3/8" tubing and a bit better flow.

Just depends on what you're trying to achieve I guess.
 
call and ask when they will have more, the guys over at Petra's are some of the best people I have ever dealt with.
 
D-tek highflow 1/2 barbs would be a top choice (if they sold g3/8 thread. do they sell em?). I used to have DD highflow on my mcr220 and all others but i felt the d-tek ones were a lot better in terms of quality and probably long term use.

As far as tubing, go for a 7/16 be it by masterkleer or tygon. You might (or most likely) have to heat an inch or two of the tubing in hot water to fit the barbs. Other than that, you've lowered your risk from barb-to-tubing failures and not to mention the added cons of the 7/16 tubing.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/7id5odmagepu.html - Masterkleer - $.49 per foot. (the 2nd batch of masterkleer ive gotten from them were crystal clear as the tygon ones)
 
Back
Top