Just ordered... thoughts?

Grimlakin

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey just ordered some new toys. Basically a new system is what it is going to be. Primary purpose. GAMES. :)

CPU AMD 64 |3200+ ATHLON 64 RTL

DDRAM 1GB TWINX 1024-3200C2PRO RT

MB MSI|VIA K8T800 K8T NEO-FIS2R RTL

VGA ATIOEM|RADEON 9800PRO 128M 8X%

*DVD|PIONEER 16X DVD-120SZ %

CD MS|WINDOWS XP PRO w/SP1a %

How do they always get the .99. Anyway....

This is going in my Antec case with Antec power supply. 2 8mm intake fans, 2 80mm exhaust fans.

80 gig WD SE 8meg cache IDE drive.

And I might transfer my SBlive over depending on sound quality.

And that gig of memory was a bit more expensive than I thought it would be. I did some research on the memory I wanted to use and well I wanted to go with corsair. Didn't realise I would need an higher end memory untill I looked at the charts for the A64 reccomended memory on Corsair's sight.

Looks good. Do you already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, CD/DVD burner?

yep I do. Though I want a new monitor and am considering getting the Logitec MX duo set for the kb and mouse. Other than that yea I got everything else I need.

Though the burner would be a nice addition I just don't have a need. <I know sacralige>

Originally posted by Grimlakin
Though the burner would be a nice addition I just don't have a need. <I know sacralige>
Well if you don't need it then you SHOULDn't get it :)

Don't forget a kick-ass heatsink.

Don't need it with the new heatsinks that AMD is packaging with the amd 64's.

No need because I'm not running raid and this is at the limit of my budget as is.

If I had a nice unlimited budget I would go raptor raid for sure.

Then I woulda gotten the FX proc and 3 gig of memory and the 9800xt video card and the best sound card I could research and the blah blah blah... you get the idea.

I'm on a budget too, and I'm not running RAID... but I got a SATA drive because it was only $7 more.

Hot swapability, ney?

Back