• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just ordered my new toy!

-Ducky-

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
338
First time I will ever be building this small, should be here Friday or Saturday. I'll post pics as parts arrive.

Couldn't help posting for being excited about new toys. I refuse to grow up!

The ever important list of goodies:

Sugo Sg-05b 450watt version
i5-2500
ASRock H67M M-ITX
Crucial M4 Sata III 128gb Ssd
8Gb Patriot Gamer 2 Series DDR3 1333 (PC310666)
EVGA GTX 560Ti 2gb

Got $15 off on the cpu w/ a Newegg code.

Also ordered one of the smexy Xigmatex 120mm orange orange blade fans to replace the front intake. Pending noise and temps, I may replace the stock cpu cooler with a axp140 or a Samuel 17. I know the 2500 runs cool,I will just have to wait and see.
 
Last edited:
Couldn't help posting for being excited about new toys. I refuse to grow up!

U never get to old for computer nerding, im 36 now and still no improvement:)

pics is mandatory!
 
Us guys never grow up. Just the cost of our "toys" get more expensive. :p

Since you aren't overclocking, don't even worry about CPU temps unless you botch installing the stock cooler or the CPU throttles. Speaking of throttling, basically with this CPU at stock settings (which you will be using) it is pretty much impossible to overheat and fry the CPU. Also, at stock settings the CPU will work fine even at more than double your body temperature.
 
Just got the case. I knew it was small. But wow, freaking TINY compared to what I was expecting. Everything else should be here tomorrow, I'll post pics then.
 
Build went great. I haven't bench marked anything yet, as I am in the process of installing BF3 & the rest of my goodies.

Standard right out of the box!

6854762271_bc963e4399_m.jpg


The glorious inner-workings that will make this box purr!
6854763327_3bfbfdc64b_m.jpg


Removed the outer-shell, and the stock fan. Silverstone could have done a little better job on the sleeving of the cables. Not totally disappointing tho.
6854765549_4e675908e3_m.jpg


Replaced the front fan with the BEAUTIFUL Xigmatek 120mm fan. It is the loudest thing in the case, and it is still completely quiet.
6854766511_eef9e0b8e0_m.jpg


Tiny naked board!
6854768169_4b7c7f7b92_m.jpg


I have never used Patriot memory in a build before. I was highly impressed with the quality of the RAM. The heatsinks feel like they have some heft to them and a quality I haven't felt from G.Skill / Corsair.
6854769577_4d3f3c5366_m.jpg


Got my little helper keeping an eye on things.
6854770803_59a8a12d41_m.jpg


Also, be jealous of me. My wife was happily slaving away and making an amazing dinner. (Spaghetti and Meatballs) Homemade, none of that from the jar junk! :D ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER!

6854772121_3a752841dd_m.jpg


Motherboard installed. Even with as small as the case is, it still make the tiny motherboard look miniature.
I routed the front panel cables under the board, as well as the front fan. Quite pleased with the room and how it turned out.
My only complaint is how I had to run the Front panel connectors, but nothing I could do.

Also, a minor note, I neutered the AC'97 connector off the HD audio connector to get rid of the extra cables.
6854773811_aa772f10f2_m.jpg


Dropped the DVD-Rom and HDD Tray in.
6854775115_81f1031bf3_m.jpg


1TB Samsung 7200RM. The Crucial M4 128gb SSD is installed above it.
6854777573_87f290ca09_m.jpg

6854778443_cb89bb56b7_m.jpg


Dropped the Beastly GTX 560 ti 2gb in. Was quite a snug fit. I had tried hooking up the power prior to installing it but that was a no-go. The card is too long to do so. Had to finagle the power connectors in afterwards.
6854775979_c59791482a_m.jpg


I could have fit a card about a half inch longer without modding with no worries.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6854776705_e4e8d80def_m.jpg[/ING]

Top-down of the wire mgmt I was able to do. not the prettiest, but it works.
[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6854775115_81f1031bf3_m.jpg

Complete front-shot of the build.
6854761913_b887d2feb2_m.jpg


The power LED light is ridiculously bright and blinding. I think I will do my best to dim it with a sharpie later on. As of right now, I am completely happy. The system screams along. Took 5 mins to do a complete install of Windows 7 via USB. Everything just booted up, and took off with no issues whatsoever.

I will update with some benchmarks in a few days when I have a chance. For now I am awaiting BF3 to update so I can finally get my frag on!


Cheers!:p

Link to the entire photoset on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76374353@N02/sets/72157629266377107/
 
Last edited:
Congratulations to men for the passion and to female cook for the spaghetti :)
The link works.
 
I just used some of the wife's silver nail polish (a couple coats) on one of our HTPC LED's. Made a difference.
 
Grrr... thanks.. :) I just had to order a case/mainboard/ and running to Microcenter to get a CPU with Dechache tomorrow
 
My temps are amazing. The vid card made it to 80c on auto fan profile. The fan never went over 40%. Highest I have seen the CPU was 51c. Both of these temps are after ~4hrs strait of BF3.

I lowered the from fan to 55% and I can't even hear the thing run. I am thoroughly over-impressed with this little box. I cannot wait for the next LAN party I go to either. Walking in with just a backpack on, and my monitor in hand :D
 
Ordered the same mainboard via amazon... came in DOA... its replacement is here now. Just no time to build it :(
 
Back
Top