Just ordered my Gamers' Edge™ PCX Custom Gaming PC

Arcygenical said:
Very nice. I have a feeling you'll enjoy it ;)

i am as gitty as a school girl... well not really but I cant wait to get WoW and BF2142 running on it

Your new machine will probably make you one of those people whom don't lag in WoW. :p Since my new VM machine isn't going to ship for 2 more weeks I picked up some of the WoW TCG cards this weekend. It's not the same as the video game but about as close as you can get without a new machine.

drewin said:
Your new machine will probably make you one of those people whom don't lag in WoW. :p Since my new VM machine isn't going to ship for 2 more weeks I picked up some of the WoW TCG cards this weekend. It's not the same as the video game but about as close as you can get without a new machine.

Yeah, Phase 3 Nef kicks me out of the game with all me video settings all the way down :-( est. ship date for mine is the 14th, I already took the end of that week off of work to get everything installed, and rock some PvP... provided UPS doesn't use it as a basketball in shipping :eek:

Firespyer said:
Yeah, Phase 3 Nef kicks me out of the game with all me video settings all the way down :-( est. ship date for mine is the 14th, I already took the end of that week off of work to get everything installed, and rock some PvP... provided UPS doesn't use it as a basketball in shipping :eek:

Which WoW server do you play on? I'm on Llane on the Alliance side... Maybe I'll see you in a cross server PvP area and we'll see whom has the last laugh :cool:

Just ordered my Gamers' Edge™ PCX Custom Gaming PC

Good Decision! I received my Gamer's Edge system a week ago last monday. I had it up and runing in about an hour. I ran 3Dmark06 benchmark. The results were better than I expected :D . The E6700 is not overclocked.

The benchmarks are:

3DMark: 8300
SM2.0 Score: 3733
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 3493
CPU Score: 2289

My Gaming System is:

Core™ 2 Duo E6700, Asus P5N32-SLI SE, 2048MB Corsair™ XMS2 DDR2-800, 1024MB eVGA™ 7950 GX2, Matrox’s TH2GO driving 3 X 19in Princeton LCD Monitors, SoundBlaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, 2x250GB SATA 7200RPM HDD - Raid 0, 600W Enermax PSU, Velocity Micro® LXe Signature Case, Cootlit® Thermoelectric Liquid CPU Cooler, CH Pro Yoke & Pedals, & TrackIR Pro 3 + Vector.

My old Dell XPS (2002) will be networked to the Velocity Micro to run the supporting flight simulator applications (to maintain higher fps). :cool:

drewin said:
Which WoW server do you play on? I'm on Llane on the Alliance side... Maybe I'll see you in a cross server PvP area and we'll see whom has the last laugh :cool:

60 Hunter (Firespyer) / 60 Warrior (Amgrod) - Archimond Alliance
60 Shaman (Firespyer) / 60 Mage (Makeanalt) - Mug'thol Horde
Both PvP ruleset

LibertyPilot said:
Good Decision! I received my Gamer's Edge system a week ago last monday. I had it up and runing in about an hour. I ran 3Dmark06 benchmark. The results were better than I expected :D .

Nice system. Thanks for posting your experience. It's easy for posters to throw out the bad stuff, but it's nice to see positive experiences, too. Anything more to add?

Also, don't worry, leadtimes will start to ease back down later in November as we continue to crank up our manufacturing capabilities.

Randy

Nice system. Thanks for posting your experience. It's easy for posters to throw out the bad stuff, but it's nice to see positive experiences, too. Anything more to add?

I can only speak to my experience with Velocity Micro. My order was estimated to be Shipped on Friday, Oct 17th and was actually shipped on the following Monday. I must admit that I was really worried about the possibility of UPS shipping damage. :eek: No damage shipping damage was noted. :)

I spent the summer researching gaming computer suppliers and video cards (the CPU choice was a no-brainer). That time was well spent.

I'm amazed at how little external heat is produced. It would be nice if Velocity Micro could have provided CPU overclocking at the factory. Maybe by the time I upgrade to the DX10 video card/SLI?

Bottom Line - After having purchased five Dell computers for flight simulation since 1986, I'm glad I finally broke the habit. :cool:

Bob

pwned by 'build delays'
never notified, I had to call to see why my order was not moved to shipping. now i blew 2 days off around this weekend to get it all setup, and migrate my files.

Scott at customer service was very helpful in finding out what was going on.

It's here, set up, WoW BF:2, BF2142 installed (still looking for my office 2k3 cd's)
this machine is amazing.

3Dmark06 score 5112
about 4500 better then my old VM raptor FX51

only problem I had was that UPS after 3 requests (and confirmations that it would be done) did not hold my package off the truck so I could go get it. Ended up with me standing there while they unloaded the truck my machine was on.

and the build delays from VM, but that got straighted out.

Probably lame to put this here instead of starting another thread...

I've poked around looking for discussion of the VM pelt upgrade (LiquiCool 3) to see people's experience with it. (I've poked about in cooling and extreme cooling but my searches didn't turn up anything useful.)

Also if anyone is reading it and would know: how does the noise / heat compare to the regular cooling option? Any db comparison?

Any info helpful.

I'm liking what I'm reading by and about VM.

PinataUT

PinataUT said:
Probably lame to put this here instead of starting another thread...

I've poked around looking for discussion of the VM pelt upgrade (LiquiCool 3) to see people's experience with it. (I've poked about in cooling and extreme cooling but my searches didn't turn up anything useful.)

Also if anyone is reading it and would know: how does the noise / heat compare to the regular cooling option? Any db comparison?

Any info helpful.

I'm liking what I'm reading by and about VM.

PinataUT

OK, here's the straight skinny on the LiquiCool 3 and how you should decide if you want to use it or not.

It is great up to about ~130w of CPU power - which means it'll cool a Kentsfield stock but you're not going to get one ounce more out of it.

It's much better for Core 2 E6x00- X6800 which are 65w parts and have plenty of headroom.

It is noisier than an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7, but that is to be expected. It's not annoyingly loud, but it is noticeable and some people are annoyed by ANY noise whatsoever.

Thanks, Chris.

I'm pretty noise tolerant. I'd had a watercooled rig a few years ago and the radiator fan was L O U D when cranked up.

PinataUT

Water is also generally dependent on the ambient room temp as well, so if it gets hot in your room, you maybe not get as good results depending on the setup. Unless you have some sort of chiller, or bong, then lowest possible temp is room temp.

I checked out a Gamer's Edge PC from VM at Best Buy the other day, and I have to say I was impressed, I expected the case to be cheap and to flex a lot from the pictures I have seen (sorry, it just looks cheap and flimsy in the pics on the website) but to my surprise, it wasn't. It also seems to have decent specs for the money, but in all honesty to have someone else take care of the hassle of building, troubleshooting, and warranty for you, it might be worth it.

As silly as it sounds, it is the name that turns me off, I find it pretty silly to buy any PC for gaming alone, or as the main purpose as they can do so much more valuable things, but alas I am still looking for them.

Then again, I have a nice Antec/Chieftec Dragon case that will need a new home with a new build, and the black at least matches the rest of my components well.

according to the asus utilitys that I installed my CPU runs at about 34C. The most I have been able to load the machine was 50% on CPU1 and 33% on CPU2. thats with running WoW in a 40 man, streaming a video (hunters are lazy), syncing my mail with the server, and 5 websites up in firefox2. With just wow going and some websites computer is usually at about 25-30% on cpu1, and 10-15 on cpu2.

one thing I did notice is that the Power supply is alittle on the noisy side, nothing unbearable, and the machine in general makes alot less noise then my last computer. Last night I did here a rattleing noise from inside the case so today I will have to pop it open and check for a loose screw.

Only disappointing things was that the case no longer has a top side vent w/ fan. I was hoping that it was still there since my computer sits in the corner of my den.

I'll be ordering my Gamer's Edge PCX beast in a few weeks. Glad to see you're happy with yours!!
smile.gif

Back