just ordered amd - back after almost 2decades

sunruh

Limp Gawd
just ordered the following:

AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS

G.SKILL Aegis 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666

EVGA 850 GQ 210-GQ-0850-V1 80+ GOLD 850W Semi Modular EVGA ECO Mode Power Supply

Thermaltake Versa J24 Tempered Glass ARGB Edition 5V MB Sync Capable Mid-Tower Chassis

i already have a gtx1070 that i will use

and ordered the inland 1tb m.2

Reactions: N4CR
like this
might be doing a build soon and concerned about AMD mobo/DDR4 compatibility. I recall all the articles I read last year about BIOS bla bla bla ... so where is this at today? Do I need to research for 2 days to find what specific DDR4 is compatible with which specific mobo and which specific MFG, etc or what?

Last edited:
might be doing a build soon and concerned about AMD mobo/DDR4 compatibility. I recall all the articles I read last year about BIOS bla bla bla ... so where is this at today? Do I need to research for 2 days to find what specific DDR4 is compatible with which specific mobo and which specific MFG, etc or what?
Nope they're very relaxed now. Even Zen+ 12nm was pretty lax. I ran 3600 at 3200 stock no tweaks no fuss just XMP on a 2600 mitx.

Best is check qvl or ask users if you're worried. Just aim for two sticks unless you get the only t-topology board in existence.

Buildzoid does a lot of the work for us.
Hopefully he covered the board you want.

Ram as ^ isn't the nightmare from 2 years ago.
It's like waiting for your 2019 Ford explorer to roll over bc the old ones did.

like this
I don't blame you, Intel did have a pretty significant advantage for the last few generations. I was surprised to see AMD's popularity even after 5 years of being away.

I don't blame you, Intel did have a pretty significant advantage for the last few generations. I was surprised to see AMD's popularity even after 5 years of being away.

Goes to show you all the years "fanboy" was thrown around at Intel users wasn't really accurate. I've always been a much bigger fan of superior products than a brand. Last AMD was an Athlon X2 and went to Intel after that up until my current setup with a 3900x

Last edited:
like this
I run 3 Ryzen setups and none of my ram is on anybody's QVC list .. the only ram I have issue with runs fine with a 2200g (2 x 16Gb PC3000 I used to run in my old 7700k setup)but I had to dial it back to 2666 when paired with my old 2700x on the same mobo.

Nice! . the last Intel CPU I had in a system of mine was a 486/25 SX
went from that to the K5 then K6 then the K6-2 K6-III then into the the 64bit chips all I have are shown here
2 still in use. my current system is theFX8350 and wifes is the Phenom. new systems with 3950X for me and a 3800X for her are under construction now.
the boxed 64bit cpus I have from old and current systems.
20191230_AMD64Bitcpusihave1.jpg

Attachments

• 20191230_AMD64Bitcpusihave.jpg
    20191230_AMD64Bitcpusihave.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Sucker born every min, its capitalism folks. I see GPU posting for well over depreciated price and people still buy high.

Back