Just ordered a HTC Touch pro

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
im finally getting a new phone, my old Razer v3c hasn't been lasting much more than 15 minutes on a phone call on battery life. So, im pretty excited to be getting something different finally that is alot better for texting and stuff :)

gonna go hit up ppcgeeks.com for some custom roms if im not happy with the battery life, but as far as im concerned, anything is better than 15 minutes of talk time without a battery adapter.

sorry, forgot to mention it's on verizon, CDMA :\

Last edited:
GSM?

i'm currently using EnergyROM (google it) on WM6.5.... XDA Developers is also a good forum to get some info/ROMs

i get great battery life(well, compared to other people)... >5 days idle, ~2 days on medium-heavy usage

it should be CDMA, sorry, i have verizon, but it's alot better than any of the other smartphones that they currently offer :)

full qwerty keyboard and a touch screen.

the only thing relatively close to the HTC touch pro is the env touch or the LG versa

Go for the MightyROM 6.5. Most tell you to lower the pagepool for the Verizon phone, but out of curiosity I left mine at the default and I've not had an issue with performance, especially since I always close apps I'm not using anyway. I also don't use touchflo anymore, I use the new 6.5 titanium interface that uses less RAM.

Go for the MightyROM 6.5. Most tell you to lower the pagepool for the Verizon phone, but out of curiosity I left mine at the default and I've not had an issue with performance, especially since I always close apps I'm not using anyway. I also don't use touchflo anymore, I use the new 6.5 titanium interface that uses less RAM.

cool, i'll take a look into it, but for now, ill just leave it on the default software for now and see how it goes.

my 2year plan is up and was thinking of getting this phone.. its only 50$ with 2year.. but then i really want the pro2.. better qwerty and bigger screen. but when will verizon get it? T_T

verizon should have it soon... hopefully...

i would wait, though i must warn you that a Touch Pro 2 would cost at least $199, probably closer to $299 for contract renewal

Yeah its going to be up there in price being new, however the fact that you can already see reviews on it bodes well for it being available soon I'd think.

i liked the TP2, but i definately dont have a spare $300-500 to spend on a phone >.>

$99 was pushing it, but considering the LG dare was $80, it was a better buy to get the Touch pro for $20 more.

even the omnia and diamond and all the other phones were nearly the same price, aka env3, env touch, dare, versa, omnia and all those ones were like $99 for a 2 year plan upgrade.

Touch Pro is probably the best phone you'll get from verizon right now under $150.

As for ROM's, I'm using MightyROM 4, with windows mobile 6.1. its getting the job done, but when i get the chance (need my phone this weekend so i'm not toying with it), I will be flashing to JD's WM 6.5 ROM. its very bareboned, and is very quick. Might also try Silences ROM. You can do a search on PPCGeeks for these.

Ehh i was gonna go with the touch pro as well awhile ago, but because of verizon enforcing the 30$ data plan upon all the new smartphones, i just stuck with the dare.
Congrats on your purchase anyways, great phone.

Does anyone know if they force it per model or only if you buy from them? Because I activated my old 6700 on a friends account and I had the option to just pay per usage for data and then I just turned the data connection off. Maybe if you get the TP from another source like ebay you don't have to get the plan? I'd of course check first with Verizon before you buy.

I used Mighty Rom 6, it was great. I used the Slience Mighty Rom, Loved it. Used it for a month (I flash all the time). I tried Energy Rom and I really loved it, but there were a few quirks that bugged me. I would get disco'd on calls all the time. I went to Juicy 8 and I will be on this one for a while.

Just remember to get Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 TouchPro.cab. That give you the best MMS you can get. Also, Read everything you can on the flash since you have to unlock the SPL. It's easy.

Does anyone know if they force it per model or only if you buy from them? Because I activated my old 6700 on a friends account and I had the option to just pay per usage for data and then I just turned the data connection off. Maybe if you get the TP from another source like ebay you don't have to get the plan? I'd of course check first with Verizon before you buy.

no thats not how it works

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Ver...plans-for-new-smartphones-article-a_3404.html

As that site states in that picture, the new verizon smartphone policy is any PDA/Blackberry/Smartphone device launched AFTER November 14th is required to activate a data plan.

phones like the motorola Q, XV6700, XV6800, XV6900, and Samsung i760 aren't required, as well as any Palm phone released up to the Palm Centro (my younger sister has one and doesn't have a data plan).

well i got my phone in today. its pretty sweet! definately a step up from my old razer. it is a little bit choppy at times, but i can definately deal with it. now i just have to figure out how to get pandora working on it and getting to the hardforum mobile site.

Dude, JD's ROM for the HTC Touch pro. Small, short, simple, sweet, DONE.

Windows Mobile 6.5, comes fully bareboned, customize it how you like. Smooth interface, and has WM 6.5 titanium interface that doesn't lag like usual. Comes a decent set of themes.

PM me and I will hook you up with whatever you need. His latest ROM seems to have a mahor bug in the verizon version of the Touch Pro, so PM me and I'll set up a mediafire account for you to get the older file (only 2 weeks old acutally).
i also have a nice collection of a bunch of .cab files of some nice programs, including all the HTC default programs incase of a bareboned ROM.

Dude, JD's ROM for the HTC Touch pro. Small, short, simple, sweet, DONE.

Windows Mobile 6.5, comes fully bareboned, customize it how you like. Smooth interface, and has WM 6.5 titanium interface that doesn't lag like usual. Comes a decent set of themes.

PM me and I will hook you up with whatever you need. His latest ROM seems to have a mahor bug in the verizon version of the Touch Pro, so PM me and I'll set up a mediafire account for you to get the older file (only 2 weeks old acutally).
i also have a nice collection of a bunch of .cab files of some nice programs, including all the HTC default programs incase of a bareboned ROM.

that's sweet, can i find these on ppcgeeks.com?

if not, setup that mediafire and shoot me a PM, it sounds very interesting :)

This is where they all are:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

The actual ROMs are in the subsection above labelled CDMA Touch Upgrades. Make sure you read the stickies, it'll be a lot of reading but it's worth it.

thanks dude, ive read as much as i can, but i've been working all weekend, go figure.

but im hoping by monday i can get said ROM installed and then start messing with the radio's :)

Back