Just ordered a Gainward 7800GS Bliss512mb - mistake?

burned-ati said:
Ok guys its time to let AGP go! lol i mean your wanting to pay 420$ for an agp card.. you can get 7900gt tthat kills it with a new motherboard for this price, hate to say it but are you CRAZY?! this card can barley score in 3dmark05 lol i paid $248 for mine and i can get 8700 with my cpu default.. but really man the card will be a upgrade for agp yes.. but its not worth it.. its a trap :D trying to pull you in..PCI-E is where u want to be not AGP AGP will be completly phased out in about 2 years

Having a socket A CPU would mean I have to upgrade my whole system. I am not ready to do that right now. Also my current system will play any game made including oblivion. I am quite happy with my already made purchase. My current rig should last another 2 years and even then some. If you send me a good AMD CPU I might consider your upgrade path. lol I kinda figure thats very unlikely as it should be.

Well your happy with your card and thats all that matter, and you actually got your hands on one of em! lol they seem to be rare :D happy OCin

Hi,

I can't find anywhere what the maximum resolutions are on this card. I want to use it with the new Dell 3007wfp and max out the settings. Anyone know the answer to this mystery?

Regards,
RV

I am unsure about this question but here comes some information. On my system it says 1920x1200 is the max resolution. I think the monitor plays a role here too. My monitor is a Sony 21inch E540.
This card has been a great upgrade for my system and I am happy with my purchase.

I looked under the windows settings for resolution and it says 2048x1536 is my highest setting with my system. I wonder why the Nividia settings are not the same? I am no expert on this topic but like the question and am doing some research myself. lol

Both the nVidia settings and the windows settings show 1680x1050 for my max res on a dell 2005FPW

Terra...

robberbaron said:
Both the nVidia settings and the windows settings show 1680x1050 for my max res on a dell 2005FPW

Terra...

You are signing your posts with my nick now? :p :D

Terra - That's a new one ;) *L*

Here is the response I got back from Gainward on the max resolution capable with the Bliss 7800+. He thinks you can do 2560 x1600 with DVI link, but you also need a monitor capable of those resolutions as well. Anyone here have an Apple cinema HD 30" display or a Dell 3007wfp? You'll need to set your desktop resolution to match the monitor resolution found under "my computer". Also can anyone confirm that the Gainward is a true single Dual-link DVI? Not just a Dual DVI (meaning two separate single DVI outputs). I really want this card. I have an AGP system I'm not ready to part with yet as its all maxed out and good for another 2 years or so. Then of course I'll build a fresh one from scratch.

RESPONSE FROM GAINWARD:

hello, i can say sure 1920x1200 digital, that is all what can my Samsung 24". the chip will work on dual DVI at 2560x1600 digital, but i can´t test it.

best regards

Uwe Hebestadt

Technical support

GAINWARD Europe GmbH

Lochhamer Strasse 29

Rückgebäude

D-82152 Martinsried

Germany

Fon: +49-(0)89-89899-29

Fax: +49-(0)89-89899-196

E-Mail: [email protected]

Internet: http://www.gainward.de