• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just need to confirm....

Roman79

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2000
Messages
1,393
- 1900XT reset itself (vpu recover) several times within a few mins one night while playing a game.
- PC completely locked up a few mins later
- I switched the PC off/on, and right from the POST screen I now have bands of green horizontal lines
- Everything worked fine before this, no hardware/software changes
- Took the card out, cleaned the HSF (it was very dirty) and reseated the card.
- No change.
- I've since reseated it several times and had the power switched off overnight, still no change.


So I'm thinking it's drawn it's last polygon right?
 
Reconnect your DVI cable, hell, try it on the other DVI port.

Sometimes that happened to my XTX & CE when running crossfire, usually just took me pushing the cable a little.
 
Well it actually happens on both my monitors (running dual monitors), but I'll switch the DVI port on the main display....cause you never know ;)
Thanks
 
No dice :(

The lines have changed slightly but are still very prominent. No wiggling of the cables seem to change that.
The lines look like this:

------ ------ ------ ------
------ ------ ------ ------
------ ------ ------ ------
------ ------ ------ ------
------ ------ ------ ------
------ ------ ------ ------
 
Are they kinda smeared streaky lines? I had that problem with my Guillemot Geforce 256 video card back in the day. You'd need to RMA it man. If t
 
If you can, try it in another rig, see if it does the same thing. And when you do that, try a different cable and monitor, to isolate the GPU itself.
 
Back
Top