just makin sure

oOo sam lee oOo

Limp Gawd
i think its about time for a reformat, but things have changed, so i'd just like to make sure what i have in mind would work fine, befor ei actually do it

so lets say i have two disks, disk 1, seperated into two partitions, with C: as one of them, and disk 2 seperated into three partitions. I can basically reformat on disk C: only, and the data on partition 2 of disk 1, and the other partitions on disk 2 should be fine right?

wanna make sure before i screw it up or something :)

Yes. Just make sure you choose the right partition. Assuming you don't format an extended partition...

That would work, but then you'll be left with a system using some other later than C for your system volume.

Backup the data on partition 2 of disk 1 to the second physical drive. Shut down the computer and disconnect disk 2. Now, wipe disk 1 clean and install Windows. Once you have Windows installed and finished, reconnect your second physical drive and you're set to go.

As a side note, there's really no reaosn to have 5 separate partitions in a 2 disk system. You have a perfect setup for having one drive for the OS, apps, and games, then the second disc for data storage, with each drive having one partition. K.I.S.S. for the old-schoolers.

Back