• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just killed my Eheim - new pump needed!

Chez

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 10, 2002
Messages
76
I used to use my Eheim 1250 with CPU, NB and GPU blocks and a 120mm rad.

It always did a reasonable job, but I decided to use it for just the CPU after getting my new 3.0C P4.

Unfortunately, whilst assembling the new system I managed to screw the outlet barb in a bit too far and have cracked the casing :(

I'm now looking to buy a new pump!

As I'm only going to be using it to cool the CPU, do I need such a powerful pump or could I get away with a smaller one?

The WC setup will be used in my Lian-Li Mid Tower and will consists of -

OCPC 'The Deep' 120mm Rad (similar to the black ice ones)
1 x 120mm YS-Tech Fan
OCPC Atlantis High Flow CPU Block
1/2" Tygon Tubing
New Pump.

So far, my options seem to be -

New Eheim 1250
Smaller Eheim (1048/1046)

What other pumps should I be considering and what would you guys recommend?

Alternatively, I could blow my whole "smaller pump" theory by getting a Hydor L40 (2800 L/h as opposed to the 1200L/h of my 1250) which I've seen going cheap. Would this be overkill?? Are these very noisy/big?? Also, I've read that they use 3/4" barbs. Would the Tygon fit over this or would I need to buy adapters??

Thanks in advance
Chez
 
Back
Top