• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just Installed xorg 7.1

Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
975
Holy crap this thing is screaming fast... !!!! any one wanting better aiglx speeds, use it, its fast!

Sorry I mean 7.2 can a mod fix the title plx :\ sorry
 
The nvidia drivers seem to be alot quicker too.

I have a el-cheapo integrated 6100 graphics, that couldnt play Doom3 with older versions But plays just fine on default settings with xorg7.1
 
yup xorg7.2 was great when it was released
7.3 is due soon. I am really looking forward to that release since there is something clever they are doing with xorg.conf (more dynamic then hard-coded conf stuff)
 
yeah it supposed to be 'uncrashable', thats good news for people when their X crashes and they start screaming wtf wtf wtf!!
 
So glad we're getting away from the X11 folks. They were slightly nutty; I feel they held this project back more than helped it ( this project being defined as the X desktop environment ).
 
Back
Top