• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just installed Ubuntu...now what

acoda

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
13
so I am primarily a windows user and I work at a help desk, I am semi decent at keeping our managers up and floating despite their best efforts...my wife recently destroyed the copy of windows 7 that I had on my old gateway (9&1/2 years old at this point). Now I have ubuntu on it and I feel like I should do something cool with it but I dont have any idea where to start and have next to 0 programming knowledge. so if you would say I should do dependent on that sort of stuff perhaps send me some documentation on where to start. I would really like to expand my tech know how and I figure a free operating system that I can reinstall easily forever is a good place to start
 
How about messing with bootchart & learning how system startup works ? :) google it!
 
Back
Top