• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just installed MoH...

McClintoc

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
17,392
And already having issues.

As soon I load the first mission, my field of view just sits there and spins, non-stop. Only way to hold steady is to constantly move my mouse to the right. I've never had anything like this happen before, with any game.

Any one else ever experienced this? Any ideas how to stop it?
 
That sounds like one of UE3's most persistent quirks - making your character wanting to turn by him/herself without any input...especially on consoles. Borderlands, UT3 and Bioshock all had it at launch - I'm not sure if they still do.

Other than mucking around with your mouse and display settings (like what PC gamers had to do with Dead Space to fix input woes), I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Hopefully "Danger Close" will be better at patching broken crap than DICE.
 
This did the trick. Not sure I would have ever though of this. Thanks man.

Lol, that's hysterical. 1n B3f0r3
lock.gif
 
Holy crap, I just played through the whole campaign in one sitting.
 
Holy crap, I just played through the whole campaign in one sitting.

I hope you didn't buy the game for the single player...MoH is all about the multiplayer...no way would I fork over $60 for the single player alone
 
I hope you didn't buy the game for the single player...MoH is all about the multiplayer...no way would I fork over $60 for the single player alone

I'll play the MP but I always play the SP first.
 
The singleplayer is only 5 hours according to Kotaku... so that's pretty easy to blaze through before you start the multiplayer. I'll probably pick this up on a Steam sale at some point -- I actually enjoyed the beta.
 
might be your joystick, unplug it.

Always check ALL your extra inputs when you get this in game, I remember getting this in the past.

Hilariously even steering wheels can be problematic, the funniest thing that happened at one of my LAN parties was us racing with wheels and someone taking theirs off and putting it on the floor and using the keyboard instead, only to have the wheel actually turn by itself to the movement of the keys which caused it to spaz out all over the floor making us all die in hysterics :D
 
Ah yes the constant rotation when a joystick or gamepad is plugged in.
 
Initially reviews are average bordering on poor. Looks like the SP is just as bad as the MP.
 
Ah yes the constant rotation when a joystick or gamepad is plugged in.

Man, how many years back does that go now?


http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=65974

^^ A little bit of hope here with this review, even if it's for the console version. He says single player was 6-9 hours which is a little more on average vs 4 but I'm still not swayed enough to pull the trigger.

The overwhelming consensus on MP, though, is clearly disappointment.
 
Man, how many years back does that go now?


http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=65974

^^ A little bit of hope here with this review, even if it's for the console version. He says single player was 6-9 hours which is a little more on average vs 4 but I'm still not swayed enough to pull the trigger.

The overwhelming consensus on MP, though, is clearly disappointment.

Many, many moons ago, amazing it's still an issue. :rolleyes:

Some better reviews coming in like this one. Eurogamer

6-9 hours isn't too bad for a FPS these days, although I'm playing DA : O atm and that's amazing valve for money - 30 hours in and nowhere near completion. Sure it's a bit odd comparing different genres but I'm sure you get the gist.
 
5 hour play through? Are you kidding me? Man I'm so glad I canceled my pre-order. All the time and effort invested in this game and it'll never come back at this point.
 
The only thing I like about this game thus far is the weapons and gun sounds. I played it a bit earlier and wasn't very impressed. I don't know if it's just me, but I could never get the mouse sensitivity right in the game.. always too fast or too slow, especially in the menus.
 
The only thing I like about this game thus far is the weapons and gun sounds. I played it a bit earlier and wasn't very impressed. I don't know if it's just me, but I could never get the mouse sensitivity right in the game.. always too fast or too slow, especially in the menus.

The weapons selection is pretty solid but the guns themselves don't always behave right. In fact they never do. While the sounds are good, they aren't as good as those found in BFBC2. Even when MoH is good at something it still isn't that good at anything.
 
I was waiting for a sequel to MoH:AA which this is not. This is reskined BC2 so I'm in no hurry.
 
I was waiting for a sequel to MoH:AA which this is not. This is reskined BC2 so I'm in no hurry.

If it were actually re-skinned BFBC2 it might be worth picking up. As it stands it's a bland cross between BFBC2 and CoDMW2.
 
The weapons selection is pretty solid but the guns themselves don't always behave right. In fact they never do. While the sounds are good, they aren't as good as those found in BFBC2. Even when MoH is good at something it still isn't that good at anything.

Agreed... Another thing I noticed is the sniper rifle is perfectly still while zoomed. This game just doesn't 'feel' right.. doesn't have that COD fluidness to it that I want. anyways.. cant wait for black ops :)
 
I was waiting for a sequel to MoH:AA which this is not.

You and me both.

To its credit: I think Airborne was a better game than a lot of people gave it credit for. I liked it. The MP even had some of the old AA maps revamped and spruced up.

Heck, I ought to fire it up again sometime. I wouldn't say that was the sequel to AA but it's probably closer to that mark than what this is.
 
Video quick look at giantbomb
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-medal-of-honor/17-3354/

Just finished watching this and I played the mp beta and fuck it was awful. But one thing that I noticed when they were playing through the SP, other than the over abundance of scripting, was when they are assaulting the gun emplacement, the stationary gun is constantly firing. And even when all the enemies are dead, the gun is still firing. Not only is it being fired by ghosts, but its also the quietest large gun to ever grace the earth. Not one sound from the gun. Not a click, not a shell casing. Not a mechanical whirr. But you can see it is clearly firing looking at it. It has muzzle flash like crazy. (Edit: Its around the 7:30 mark you can hear the gun when they approach it. But when they start to assault the muzzle flash remains but no sounds. So I guess the ghosts that are firing it smother the sound of it firing out)

Anyway, lots of people are saying the sound is the only thing thats good. And imo its just not. Its too bassy and ffff-ffff ie. Like a hearing a subwoofer with pillows over your ears
 
I don't know if it's just me, but I could never get the mouse sensitivity right in the game.. always too fast or too slow, especially in the menus.

Are you talking about the SP or the MP ? , most games that run on unreal engine have stupid mouse acceleration enabled by default, like bioshock and ut3, getting rid of it is usually a very tedious process.

If you are talking about the MP part then you can make the mouse input 100% accurate and reliable just by opening gamesettings.ini and setting InputAcceleration=1 to 0. It should be set to 0 by default anyway, mouse acceleration is gay i'd rather aim with an analogue stick.


Agreed... Another thing I noticed is the sniper rifle is perfectly still while zoomed. This game just doesn't 'feel' right.. doesn't have that COD fluidness to it that I want. anyways.. cant wait for black ops :)


You HAVE to be talking about the SP because the weapon sway in MP is very noticeable, i always had to hold down shift before taking a shot. Keep in mind that the sp campaign is probably tailormade for consoles, who wants to have weapon sway when it's already tedious to point and click ?
 
Just saved me 50 bucks. Oh well, I am really looking forward to the Bad Company 2 expansion though.
 
another really bad review...

To put it simply, Medal of Honor's single player sucks.

At the end of the day if you are thinking of buying this game for the single player, don't. It's by far the worst in it's genre...If this is the best that EA could come up with after consulting with actual military personnel, than I am highly concerned with their development teams...Do NOT buy this for the single player. It will be the biggest waste of your money this year.

http://www.strengthgamer.com/Medal_of_Honor_Review.html
 
Oh well, I am really looking forward to the Bad Company 2 expansion though.

There's going to be one?



another really bad review...

To put it simply, Medal of Honor's single player sucks.

At the end of the day if you are thinking of buying this game for the single player, don't. It's by far the worst in it's genre...If this is the best that EA could come up with after consulting with actual military personnel, than I am highly concerned with their development teams...Do NOT buy this for the single player. It will be the biggest waste of your money this year.

http://www.strengthgamer.com/Medal_of_Honor_Review.html

:(
 
That's what I was thinking - I enjoyed maybe the first 3/4 of Airborne and the last part was just plain weird but this is a disappointment, especially after all those cool trailers they released.

I still enjoy Sims 3 8P
 
Back
Top