just ignore the newegg "deals"

mkrohn

2[H]4U
11/27 I ordered multiple R9 280x's and signed up for shoprunner to get the 2 day shipping. It was scanned into UPS as arrived with them the morning of the 30th. It showed up on the 4th...

That one doesn't really bother me but the fact that I paid for and selected 2 day shipping is not cool at all.

The one that is absolutely pissing me off though is the order I placed on 11/30 with TOOONS of MIR stuff and tons of parts for building mining rigs. They finally got around to shipping it yesterday and BOOM ground again with the third business day as the current estimated delivery day.

I placed orders with amazon within an hour of both of those newegg purchases and everything from amazon was here by tuesday. I placed orders for more power supplies and some other parts from amazon like 2 hours ago and they've already been shipped. Forget the busy season or whatever else it is because amazon is still getting it done. Its called knowing its coming every year and don't do so many promotions if you can't handle it.

No its not just amazon because I've spent a ton of money on HERE buying from members and guess what, EVERYBODY on here is getting things shipped out quickly and it is arrive without any delays through USPS even.

Newegg no longer cares about customers. I'm going to just spend more money on here and with 3btech.net since they're only like 45 minutes from me. They're good mainly for motherboards though.

I only order from newegg when I know it is coming from California, that way it is one day for me no matter what. Amazon is always amazing for shipping as they literally show you the time you have to order and the date it will arrive :)

Newegg's order processing and shipping speeds seem to have taken a shit since they stopped offering the free 3 day shipping for just about everything on their site.

Yeah the mobo I ordered on Tuesday with 2 day shipping will be arriving next Tuesday. Whee! Just in time for temperatures to dip into the teens!

Ever since the went away from FedEX Super Saver, their shipping cost went up and delivery times are not reliable. Point in case 4 years ago got my Samy 22 inch monitor delivered in 1 day. In January it took a 1.5 weeks to deliver a memory stick. Wish they would revisit their policies on shipping. I guess customer service is Big when you small and hungry. Not so much when you get Big

True statements like these which echo my own experiences make me remember why, up until a few days ago, I hadn't ordered anything from Newegg in over a year. Back in 2008 I built a whole computer from Newegg. Did it again in 2010. Now I use Amazon, Microcenter, and Fry's. The competition is too strong for lax customer service and slow shipping.

I ordered some RAM 3 days ago and used the free shipping which everyone knows used to be UPS 3 day. Now it is some FedEx and USPS lovechild that takes way longer than it should. FedEx still doesn't have the package. God only knows where my RAM is. It'll come, but it sure makes me wish it was cheaper at Amazon.

This I can relate to.

I live in Oklahoma so I try to make sure the parts i'm ordering comes from there TN warehouse. If I order something in early morning on monday, I can expect it wednesday. From california, it takes the whole 3 days to get here.

Then again, I can't even remember the last time I ordered something from newegg.

I pretty much always get my stuff next day no matter what shipping method. well I dont use that eggsaver shit as it will travel through all the surrounding states for no logical reason. my issue is that newegg does not safely pack things and UPS manages to beat the shit out of nearly everything even though its basically a straight shot here from Memphis. the only time newegg has ever packed something worth a crap, it was from their California warehouse.

I pretty much always get my stuff next day no matter what shipping method. well I dont use that eggsaver shit as it will travel through all the surrounding states for no logical reason. my issue is that newegg does not safely pack things and UPS manages to beat the shit out of nearly everything even though its basically a straight shot here from Memphis. the only time newegg has ever packed something worth a crap, it was from their California warehouse.

That does remind me.

Last review items I received for review were a few HDD's. The packaging on those were horrible. The box was literally as long as the HDD's with black plastic holders that kept the HDD's levitated in the box. That was it, nothing else was used to protect the HDD's. I found it to be a blessing they made it to me in working condition.

My last laptop came in a box with very little brown paper as filling on the top, laptop box was lying bare bottom against the outer box along with the sides. I like my items to be in the center of the box, with fillings of some sort around the whole thing. I've even bought used laptops that were secured with a plastic film that you can insert the laptop into, bend the cardboard to where it'll tighten and then you put that inside a box.

This just goes to show that the folks who are packaging our purchased goods are simply throwing it into a box, and using as little packaging material as they can to cut down costs.

The only time I use Newegg is if Amazon is asking way too much for something, or they have a "Bundle" that Amazon doesn't.

I ordered an R9 290X a few days ago. The order has been stuck in Packaging status since day one. They're either really dragging their feet or the tech is REALLY dedicated to making sure my package gets here in one piece.

Just shop locally lol Its easier and faster. It`ll get better once Amazon launches Prime Drone shipping :p

11/27 signed up for shoprunner to get the 2 day shipping.

There's your problem. Shoprunner is a scam. I tried the "free trial" of shoprunner. My newegg orders got here faster without shoprunner. I pay with my Newegg Preferred Account, always select free shipping and orders almost always arrive in 2 days...sometimes next day!

My wife has Amazon Prime. That actually seems to be worth it if you buy a lot on Amazon. Not shoprunner. Just losing your money there.

There's your problem. Shoprunner is a scam. I tried the "free trial" of shoprunner. My newegg orders got here faster without shoprunner. I pay with my Newegg Preferred Account, always select free shipping and orders almost always arrive in 2 days...sometimes next day!

My wife has Amazon Prime. That actually seems to be worth it if you buy a lot on Amazon. Not shoprunner. Just losing your money there.
shoprunner has been perfect for me and saves me from having to use the eggsaver crap.

I've had quite a few delayed shipments from them. Plus I tried to order a TV a while back and it took 3 days of "shipment pending" for them to tell me it wasn't actually in stock and then I waited for a refund. Now I only order from them if they are considerably cheaper which isn't often.

Just shop locally lol Its easier and faster. It`ll get better once Amazon launches Prime Drone shipping :p

I don't know where you live but if you don't have a micro center or fry's, local options are usually 50% or more expensive than online.

Even my local Frys is often pushing 50% more on items. Only benefit is if I need/want the stuff that day. Its a 35min drive and on average $10 worth of gas round trip for me though.

I would agree that shoprunner is not worth paying for. Amazon prime is another matter. Prime makes sense for a lot of people and the level of service is much higher!

Kid

I am on the shoprunner trial which if I'm not shopping newegg anymore there's no point in paying for it.

The part that makes me angry is because the order went to in shipping the same day as I paid they tell me that I cannot cancel or remove any items from that order. This tactic is a scam to lock people in even though they know they won't be shipping it out for a while.

Prime can be shared with family members so 1 person in the family pays for it and you invite the others to piggyback on your prime so if you're spending more than $20/yr for your SHARE of prime then you're doing it wrong. Only the "host" can get the free videos so thats always me....

Only thing I wish with Amazon Prime, is that they'd offer a monthly installment version.

As for ShopRunner, I'm not out anything there (wish I had actually tried it sooner) because I got a 90 day free trial.

I finally complained enough to Newegg that they gave me a $25 gift card... although I'm not sure how that manifests... I suppose they'll send it to my email next week sometime.. lol

They give me a gift card after I finally purchase the last part of my build... What am I supposed to do with it?? :p

I've probably bought close to about $10,000 of stuff from newegg in the past decade. I built a lot of rigs for people, and I funneled all their money through me to newegg. Now, I'm solely Amazon. Their prices are almost universally better (every once and a while you'll find something just a bit cheaper on the egg - but it's becoming rare) But the shipping is what killed it for me. I signed up for Amazon prime, I pay less per year than I did before on shipping (because we buy most things online nowadays), and Amazon gets me my stuff in 1-2 days without fail. I even had one of those Sunday deliveries last week. Ordered on a Friday, got it Sunday afternoon. Newegg is dead.

I signed up for a free trial of shoprunner for egg a couple weeks ago to make sure I had my 290 in time for ESO beta. Shipping ETA date showed 3 days but the package came a day early.

Everytime I ordered from Newegg using shoprunner they always ship it using Ground. It bothers me but Newegg says as long as it arrives within 2 days, (not counting the day it went out) then they can't do anything.

On Monday I placed an order for some 290s, and it is still "packaging". After waiting hours to finally chat with someone, they couldn't do anything but give me a $10 gift card. No faster shipping time or anything. And I also can't even get my gift card until the item finally arrives, where I have to email them asking for it.

Everytime I ordered from Newegg using shoprunner they always ship it using Ground. It bothers me but Newegg says as long as it arrives within 2 days, (not counting the day it went out) then they can't do anything.

On Monday I placed an order for some 290s, and it is still "packaging". After waiting hours to finally chat with someone, they couldn't do anything but give me a $10 gift card. No faster shipping time or anything. And I also can't even get my gift card until the item finally arrives, where I have to email them asking for it.

I have a bad feeling about the part I put in bold.
My guess is that you will email as instructed and then nobody will remember the previous conversation where you were promised the $10 gift card. You will probably have to start the complaint from the beginning with someone new and they will be tougher.
Not your fault, I'm not criticizing you at all. You shouldn't be put in this situation where you have to complain in the first place.

I have a bad feeling about the part I put in bold.
My guess is that you will email as instructed and then nobody will remember the previous conversation where you were promised the $10 gift card. You will probably have to start the complaint from the beginning with someone new and they will be tougher.
Not your fault, I'm not criticizing you at all. You shouldn't be put in this situation where you have to complain in the first place.

Yeah the rep I was talking to gave me her email, to be honest I don't really care about the $10, I just wanted to them to at least ship it using a faster method. They said they couldn't even do that. The funny thing is I ordered from neweggbusiness and paid $11 extra for Ground shipping so I can get the items the same week.

I think the OP is forgetting something major..... He ordered on the 27th which was the day before Thanksgiving. Thursday and Friday were national holidays, then you had the weekend. His items were packaged and sent out Monday, ie the next business day, and shipped to him WITHIN TWO DAYS. There is nothing abnormal here. Newegg did nothing wrong. You just didn't realize or understand what a business day implies. :rolleyes:

I think the OP is forgetting something major..... He ordered on the 27th which was the day before Thanksgiving. Thursday and Friday were national holidays, then you had the weekend. His items were packaged and sent out Monday, ie the next business day, and shipped to him WITHIN TWO DAYS. There is nothing abnormal here. Newegg did nothing wrong. You just didn't realize or understand what a business day implies. :rolleyes:
not that it matters much but that Friday was not a holiday

Friday was a federally acknowledged holiday. I know because I have a government job and had it off. Many private businesses, including UPS and others recognize it as one too. I know UPS recognizes it as one because it said so on their website when I was checking tracking information.

Friday was a federally acknowledged holiday. I know because I have a government job and had it off. Many private businesses, including UPS and others recognize it as one too. I know UPS recognizes it as one because it said so on their website when I was checking tracking information.
well the mail ran on that Friday and the post office was open so it must not be a federal holiday. but yeah it appears fedx and ups did not run that day.

It must depend on the type of government position or department. I work for the government and it was a payed holiday.Either way the only one that matters is UPS. They weren't running normal operations. Newegg did nothing wrong or abnormal which is the point I'm trying to make. The OP is giving people the wrong impression here...

I ordered 2 things from them back on Nov. 30th with Shoprunner. One of them just got to Tenn. I think and the other is still on 'Packaging'. Either they are starting to wane or they were very unprepared for Cyber Monday.

you notice i said that one wasnt too bad.... i ordered the day before turkey day at about the same time as an amazon order.. the amazon one went out... newegg didn't so amazon 1, newegg 0. Read the SECOND part for what is the actual WTF newegg sucks. There's not a valid excuse at all to show my order as in shipping for a week other than to deny a cancellation

we have reached a point where turkey day isnt even a valid day off. friday most certainly is not a holiday. Saturdays are work days when it comes to packaging. Amazon manages to get stuff out on saturdays and accepted by UPS even. UPS works on saturday so there's no excuse NOT to ship on saturdays.

you notice i said that one wasnt too bad.... i ordered the day before turkey day at about the same time as an amazon order.. the amazon one went out... newegg didn't so amazon 1, newegg 0. Read the SECOND part for what is the actual WTF newegg sucks. There's not a valid excuse at all to show my order as in shipping for a week other than to deny a cancellation

we have reached a point where turkey day isnt even a valid day off. friday most certainly is not a holiday. Saturdays are work days when it comes to packaging. Amazon manages to get stuff out on saturdays and accepted by UPS even. UPS works on saturday so there's no excuse NOT to ship on saturdays.

Dude, you're being a little naive. You have to take into consideration of how Newegg and many other entities like Newegg work. They have a system in place that automatically creates shipping labels based on your shipment choice almost right after your purchase. Even if UPS doesn't have the package it can be in their system because the label has been created (not because it's been shipped out) and UPS can even have possession of the item without it actually being "shipped out". I've seen this many times. Places like Newegg will have UPS trucks pick up tractor trailers full of boxes only to sit at a UPS shipping center waiting to enter their true shipping system. So even though your tracking number says "Picked Up by UPS" it doesn't always mean it's been "shipped out".

Also, it's Black Firday/Cyber Monday. Even if you have some sort of preferred account things WILL BE BACKED UP. At newegg AND ups. It's inevitable. The only fault Newegg may have is an undersized shipping department and it certainly has fewer distribution warehouses across the country compared to Amazon so of course they'll be able to get it to you faster because they'll probably have a closer warehouse to you and in this specific instance they got the package into UPS's hands quicker.

You really need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture here. You may have had to wait an even longer amount of time without the purchase of your preferred account. Considering the volume of orders Newegg gets this time of year I would bet that to be true.

Last edited:
Title of this thread should be "newegg shipping continues to disappoint".

Now if its about neweggs actual "deals", then we'd have a discussion.
Bf friday deals were garbage and their typical sale is only $10 off.

I only buy from NE when item is sold out everywhere else.

8 days later, and I finally got my PS+ card that I ordered on black Friday. Was actually assuming they were just gonna email me the code like Amazon does.

Hopefully they're spending a good portion of this extra shipping time training their warehouse workers to carefully package hard drives and other fragile electronics, instead of just chucking 'em loose in a giant box padded with a few scraps of paper.

They've actually gotten noticeably better over the past month or two, but I'm not sure how long that will last, and I'm still deathly afraid to order certain parts from them. I'd actually pay a small premium for late shipping, if it insured a particular item was picked and packaged with the utmost care.

Amazon is much better than oldegg when it comes to shipping. I can't wait till
amazon stars Prime Air Shipping!

Last edited:
So this isn't missed by any unsuspecting [H] who ends up getting screwed on a holiday purchase:

Long time (15+ years) big customer (more than a dozen builds when I look at my order history) customer of newegg. I won't buy from them anymore at all. The real point of this post is to warn folks against buying big ticket items from them. Bought an expensive (over $1,000) Denon receiver from them two years ago. Was concerned at the time that they be an authorized dealer. Got it in writing and called newegg where they told me they were an authorized dealer. Six months later the receiver starts having problems. I call Denon and they tell me the warranty is covered because newegg is not an authorized dealer. Call newegg and this joker tells me they'll contact denon and take care of it - this is over a year ago now and it turns out they never even contacted denon despite numerous calls and assurances. Apparently this is not an unusual case. They have a history of getting their hands on high end stock through questionable means and the selling it out claiming to be an authorized dealer. You'd be safer buying off the back of a truck

For all the (many fewer these days) newegg apologists - no, it's not deon's fault. They have a legal contract in their warranty. Newegg committed fraud by advertising themselves as an authorized dealer when they were not. I've got a small claims case going in va on exactly that point. Now newegg sells under the "world wide stereo" line. DON'T TRUST IT. Even if they're an authorized dealer now, they could have that pulled at any time, and don't expect them to tell you. Newegg is happy to screw their long time customers over a single sale if it will make them money. Sad, they were once a great place for hardware, now they're a clip joint living off that long dead reputation and the support of a few remaining fanboys.

All kinds of things can happen to delay shipment. There's a lot of weather related events happening right now, or so I hear from my wife (I stopped watching the news years ago).

The Holiday deals though, sheesh. There may have been some in there, I saw better prices on a few things than I'd been able to get previously. Like a 4770k for 289 shipped. But that's eBay-type good prices, though, not Microcenter-type good prices. I may frikkin drive 4 hours to Houston and camp outside that blessed store next year. They would be smart to bring a store to San Antonio. There is NOTHING decent here. Except for XGamerPC! C'mon, Rog, let me sell your systems on Youtube!

I'm no Newegg fanboy. I've bought tons of crap from Amazon recently, too. Amazon just does things differently--they are by no means perfect. You CANT be perfect when you are that big. Newegg used to be almost a completely different company. It was more like Zappos or Fab back when it was actually a "new" retailer. They were in the "gathering phase" of their philosophy. Now they SEEM to be in their "rape" phase--but if they are it's a little hard for me to tell because I haven't had a single horror experience with them. I've seen them be shady with pricing, but they have never denied an RMA or a return and I keep trying to have one of those experiences so I can complain about it to a reporter I'm in with and see if we can get a story published about it. Right now I have a 4770k and a M6Hero otw from them and it's more or less experimental. They tend to bend over backwards when I call about anything but I'm a small time buyer not a pro builder with a big account. I spent $4,000 at NE this year and that's the most so far. It's purely economics for me really, got the crap way cheaper there and it all works or got worked out quickly and I have had no shipping nightmares.

The one shipping WTF moment I've had with an online retailer was with Amazon, actually. They messed up the shipping estimate from the very start, tried to have UPS hurry it up and then caused me to miss an engagement waiting for the delivery--which the driver arrived without. The UPS truck you can hear a mile away it sounds like a schoolbus that hasn't been serviced in a year. So I'm outside the door and waiting for the dude when he essentially peels out coming to a stop right dead center in front of the path to my door. He jumps out, runs to the back, tears open the door, rummages around for a half minute and then gets out the back never acknowledging me standing there--and jumps back into the driver seat and drives off, LOL. I was running after the truck yelling in my boxers. Not exactly Amazon's fault but they paid through the nose for it. Got a Seasonic PLT1000 for 150 after taxes. If it had happened with Newegg, I would have got much less in compensation, no doubt.

Back