• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just had a big scare

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
1,474
I got my 6800GT a while ago, enjoyed it very much, and then I got a tube of AS5. normally this would be a fine thing, until I take off my NV5. The core was LOADED with thermal paste, same with the mem chips, all over the board and the rest of the chip. so I clean it up, dry it as best I can. I plug it back in, all is well for about 5 minutes and BAM huge vertical artifacts up and down my screen. so I go to bed thinking "oh shit I killled it," wake up and it is good as new! :D guess I didn't dry it very well...
 
Mayhs said:
if youre an atheist i guess u should turn to god :p
Why?
If he was an athist, he "survived" the problem without any "god", so you conclusion is illogical...
As it, if he was an athiest, shows that you don't need a faith in "god" in order to be lucky ;)

Terra - Besides the The Invisible Pink Unicorn is cooler than "god" :p
 
it wasnt luck or faith. it was technological skill. he applied the principle of "leave it alone long enough and it will fix itself"

very truly yours,
politenessman
 
perp said:
it wasnt luck or faith. it was technological skill. he applied the principle of "leave it alone long enough and it will fix itself"

This has happened to me more times than I can count. The only conclusion I can draw is that it has something to do with solar flares or perhaps the secret project known only as "Frosty Melon Boy".
 
perp said:
it wasnt luck or faith. it was technological skill. he applied the principle of "leave it alone long enough and it will fix itself"

*ROFL*

Terra - Best laugh I have had all day ;) *L*
 
Neutraleyes said:
This has happened to me more times than I can count. The only conclusion I can draw is that it has something to do with solar flares or perhaps the secret project known only as "Frosty Melon Boy".

around here that project is known by the acronym of PFM.


very truly yours,
politenessman
 
perp said:
around here that project is known by the acronym of PFM.


very truly yours,
politenessman
there is an acronym for everything nowadays.


TIAFEN.


see?!
:p
 
haha you guys crack me up, this guy isn't responding cause hes scared of you guys

edit: he apparently replyed when I was typing this.... haha :LOL:
 
Terra said:
Why?
If he was an athist, he "survived" the problem without any "god", so you conclusion is illogical...
As it, if he was an athiest, shows that you don't need a faith in "god" in order to be lucky ;)

Terra - Besides the The Invisible Pink Unicorn is cooler than "god" :p

No reason to get all mad just of what someone said, no need to bash them eather, also the pink unicorn has no founding anywhere, where as "God" does, if he dosn't why do you feel bad if you murder someone?
 
Okay, better post a warning right now, at another fourm that I used to go to, there was more than one occasion when 1 person would make a comment about God, and that would spark a 5 page debate/flame war about religion. I don't think that would happen here, but just to be sure, I wouldn't recommend we continue to compare God (whom I do believe in myself) to the "Invisible Pink Unicorn".
 
perp said:
it wasnt luck or faith. it was technological skill. he applied the principle of "leave it alone long enough and it will fix itself"

very truly yours,
politenessman


True true. That method has proven itself useful for me a few times. When it fails, I generally revert to "kick the shit out of it and then try"..

Works great with stubborn powersupplies (and chevy starters)
 
perp said:
it wasnt luck or faith. it was technological skill. he applied the principle of "leave it alone long enough and it will fix itself"

very truly yours,
politenessman

my motercycle has been in my garage for 6 years and it still dont run :cool:
 
mrhemmy said:
my motercycle has been in my garage for 6 years and it still dont run :cool:

Well duh, everyone knows that 6 is a bad number and 7 is a good number. You'll have to wait one more year. :p
 
I have had AS do this to my X800XT I spent about 3 hours with alcohol and q tips and a hair dryer to make it work again.

NOW, for the thread crapping responses above:

HOCP4ME said:
Okay, better post a warning right now, at another fourm that I used to go to, there was more than one occasion when 1 person would make a comment about God, and that would spark a 5 page debate/flame war about religion. I don't think that would happen here, but just to be sure, I wouldn't recommend we continue to compare God (whom I do believe in myself) to the "Invisible Pink Unicorn".


I can assure you that as long as Terra is posting here...any topic on God will start a 5 page flame war or a thread lock.

Pity...Some people just don't get it.

And I agree with your second part.

Could someone please lock this thread.
 
The "leave it until it fixes itself" principle is very true.

My mother always drops her cell phone in the soapy water. "It just slipped out of my hand.. then went FLYING through the air!!" She says. Anyway, LCD always gets VERY corrupted and I have to leave it off for 24 hours for it'll "fix itself." The last time she dropped it in the water, 5 days went by and the LCD was still completely corrupted. I was ready to purchase her a new phone, then by the seventh day it magically fixed itself as if it was brand new. ;)
 
sculelos said:
No reason to get all mad just of what someone said, no need to bash them eather, also the pink unicorn has no founding anywhere, where as "God" does, if he dosn't why do you feel bad if you murder someone?

not everyone feels bad if they murder someone :p
 
BBA said:
I have had AS do this to my X800XT I spent about 3 hours with alcohol and q tips and a hair dryer to make it work again.

NOW, for the thread crapping responses above:




I can assure you that as long as Terra is posting here...any topic on God will start a 5 page flame war or a thread lock.

Pity...Some people just don't get it.

And I agree with your second part.

Could someone please lock this thread.
actually, people denouncing god is equally as wrong as those promoting god. perfectly logical. each action has an equal and opposite reaction. so, people, dont bring up what religion u r unless u want to be called out on it. and mods, dont ban me for saying this, i am not out of line. :p Lethal has been "warning me" lately.
:p :p :p
 
just stopped myself from making a post with a smartass remark about those who feel the need to talk about religion here. (or did I, oh no! \o/ )

HEY! I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME!
 
Back
Top