• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just got these.. opinions?

Luca1

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
349
Hi,

My flatmate hooked me up a free pair of these speakers through his work..

http://www.audiolinepro.com/monitors.html

I got the 5" ones.

I have logitech z5500's and xonar d2x soundcard. I hooked these up to the xonar and already they sound a million times better than the plastic logitech's..

I setting up a little home studio.. any opinions?

Will these do ok for editing audio and mixing?

Thanks for your time :)
:Luca
 
I don't see why they wouldn't work for playing back audio, you don't need anything specific for audio editing/mixing in a project studio ('course I expect to be flamed for being objective about it, so go ahead, take your best shot)

honestly I'm not surprised that they sound better, but that isn't saying a whole lot given what we're comparing to, I'd go with it basically, not much else to be said (basically, if it sounds good to you, it is)
 
Yeah cool, I figured its atleast a step up. But if I am wanting to get the truth from audio when I am mixing, is something like these going to allow me to do that, or will they lie?

:Luca
 
Completely subjective.
If you must have as neutral a sound as possible, get studio monitors, choose which will give you a sound balance that will work best in your environment.
If you want them for how they sound for pleasure (not for professional reasons) then you need to audition speakers and choose which you prefer the sound of, again taking into account the environment they will be in by auditioning at home or in a similar environment.
Setting the speakers up well is as important as what you buy, really good speakers can be set up to sound awful.

Start reading Hifi forums Padowan, theres a lot to learn!
 
Back
Top