Just got some dell xps at work...can't delete anything

sparks

2[H]4U
At first it was hey what the hell an h&r block icon...program can't be deleted or uninstalled.
NO option for that. Well delete the icon from the desktop is a start....admin has no privilege for that.
WTF admin can't delete an icon?

what have they done to keep me from deleting any of this add on crap.

anyone run into this..know a work around?

thanks big time for help

sparks

Use tweakui to remove it from the desktop. See if there is something in the services that has anything to do with that icon. Also did you try to remove it via add/remove program. Find out what folder it belongs to, and see if they have a uninstall function.

Sounds a little odd to me. I recently came across a few of those Dells with the H&R Block s/w on it. I uninstalled it in add/remove programs without a problem. How about trying safe mode and uninstalling?

I work in a Dell Reselling store. The H&R block is just a normal shortcut and should just be able to be deleted by hitting the delete key on your keyboard. I suggest a reload of the OS.

fresh install = mandatory with oem pcs (For me anyways)

Have another pc with a cdrw/floppy to install the network drivers with though. The last dell I reformated didn't include a drivers disk or anything slipstreamed into the xp cd.

Back