just got screwed by uplay

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
uplay by itself would not launch so I had to launch Far Cry 3 by itself. I went to click continue and I cant because my only options to start a new game. I am beyond pissed off right now. I sure as hell am not starting this damn game over again after over 2 hours of playing. the game was working properly yesterday and my saves where there at that time so something happened in the last 24 hours. fuck that cloud shit as thats probably what happened. is there any where on my pc where the old saves might be?

well I figured out what happened. I had uninstalled uplay and reinstalled it since it would not launch. reinstalling did no good either as it still would not launch. the problem is that when I uninstalled uplay that uninstalled my freaking game saves. that is right, they put the game saves in the ubi launcher that gets deleted if you uninstall uplay. for some reason the jackass cloud had not saved my games either but I guess that is because of them switching to the new 3.0 version of uplay. what a bunch of shit all because uplay would not launch.

If you didn't enjoy the first two hours enough to replay them the game isn't worth your time. Forget it and move on. Lesson learned, stick to Steam.

If you didn't enjoy the first two hours enough to replay them the game isn't worth your time. Forget it and move on. Lesson learned, stick to Steam.
I have a huge backlog and not much time to play games so I dont want to repeat anything if I can avoid it. and the same issue would have happened on Steam as the game requires uplay to launch the game anyway. I will come back to it later when I am not so pissed off.

I have uplay only for the Blood Dragon game I go for free... overall i'm not that impressed by either.

Man, that sucks. Sorry to read this. Steam cloud storage screwed my Skyrim game too... I should have backed it up. But, I don't think one can just back up a uplay game, can they?

You can probably get around it by finding the save files online.

You can probably get around it by finding the save files online.
yeah I tried that and it did not work. maybe because different version of the game. I am already almost back to where I was in the game.

Alot of those lesser launchers really miss the point when it comes to there use, thank you GFWL for loosing my 150+ hour Darksouls game, i thought the whole point of this BS is to cloud save something to actually warrant this bloated tacked on adware.

The Steam version of Far Cry 3 still requires Uplay. I think it backs-up your saves in addition to Uplay, but you still have to have it installed.

Learn your own lesson. You still have to use UPlay if you get Ubisoft titles on Steam. Steam just launches the UPlay app.

FC3 Blood Dragon kicked ass. I still have to try FC3 though.

Uplay on the other hand... I do think they're improving it over time but they have a long way to go.

Learn your own lesson. You still have to use UPlay if you get Ubisoft titles on Steam. Steam just launches the UPlay app.

Which is pretty pointless. If you're putting your games on a service like Steam that's all you need.

Back