just got new budget rig

DanielDS

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
5
I just got a new budget rig and would like to know if it's a fairly good setup or not.

asus p4pe-x
p4 1.8a
corsair xms extreme 256mb ddr333 (will upgrade to 512 in about a week or so)
40gb samsung 7200rpm
sapphire ati radeon 9200se 128mb

once again its only a budget rig and how much can i OC it?:confused:

thanks
Daniel
 
Its decent, how much did you pay?


Try for around 2.2, and anything higher is nice, some people average 2.4-2.5 on those 1.8a chips.
 
my 1.8a did 2.4 (on my IT7) with no volt increase and only a moderate temp increase. Got it when Northy's were brand spanking new. Unfortunately it wouldn't go above that at all. Volt increase everything. Great chip either way
 
Guess I have a good one then. My 1.8a, runs at 3.0 GHz on my IC7. Gotta love it.
 
Originally posted by RonB
Guess I have a good one then. My 1.8a, runs at 3.0 GHz on my IC7. Gotta love it.

Very lucky chip. That's a damn nice budget system for the price, if you're not gaming.
 
pretty decent, its not going to be the best of course, but itll get your through most things
 
Originally posted by DanielDS
pretty much only for final fantasy XI, and CS.

What FFXI server you play on? I've got a Mithra RDM on Shiva
 
gonna start out brand new. so I dunno what im gonna be yet. maybe a elf thief or hume thief.
 
I had a 50 hume whm on Quetzalcoatl, dinged 50 on christmas with a few buddies.

FFXI steals lives, quit now!
 
Back
Top