• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

just got my x800xt PE

vthondaboi

n00b
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
18
Downloading newest drivers now. Although I might already have them since I use ATI already....
 
I just got mine in today. I ordered it from bestbuy.com as a X800XT ($499). When it arrived it was actually a XT PE. The website shows being out of stock. From what I understand, you can pick one up in store for the same price.
 
I got it from bestbuy as well, I feel sorry for the poor saps who don't know about BB's program, did some research on the forums and I came across it
 
I work at Best Buy and I love our Customer Fullfillment program. I ordered my 172x over it with discount and just ordered a x800 XT PE off it as well. Yesterday there were 2 left, today I checked and they had a full 11 available. If you want an XT PE, walk into your local Best Buy and talk to a Computer Salesman. Ask him if he will order you a x800 XT PE over customer fulfillment and bingo, it will be at your door in about 3 days. If you live in Hoover, AL then come by store 807 on Lorna Road and ask for Jamie :)
 
best buy disgusts me, 99% of the "computer techs" are complete asses. they dont know jack shit about anything.

im hoping ur one of the 1%
 
todlerix said:
best buy disgusts me, 99% of the "computer techs" are complete asses. they dont know jack shit about anything.

im hoping ur one of the 1%

Well I wouldn't judge all Best Buy employees based on your experiences with one store. I'm a Computer Engineer from Georgia Tech and a long time computer nerd. Most everyone I know there is extremely knowledgable when it comes to computers.
 
I got my XT-PE for $425 :D


OK, so I didn't really....but I did get a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO, tested it at PE speeds, then finally flashed the BIOS to an XT-PE to unlock the pipes, now it runs all 16 pipes at full speed prefectly, so from a performance standpoint, I DO have an XT-PE...

thank you ATI for making the VIVO's with everything I needed to save $150 bucks :p
 
TheRapture said:
I got my XT-PE for $425 :D


OK, so I didn't really....but I did get a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO, tested it at PE speeds, then finally flashed the BIOS to an XT-PE to unlock the pipes, now it runs all 16 pipes at full speed prefectly, so from a performance standpoint, I DO have an XT-PE...

thank you ATI for making the VIVO's with everything I needed to save $150 bucks :p
XT PE's have different memory timings then pro's
 
NukeleaR said:
Well I wouldn't judge all Best Buy employees based on your experiences with one store. I'm a Computer Engineer from Georgia Tech and a long time computer nerd. Most everyone I know there is extremely knowledgable when it comes to computers.

well, we have four BB locations down here in the Orlando, FL area and I have yet to meet a service tech who doesnt know anything more than I do. (<----- and thats sad because I dont know too much...)

everytime I bump into one and start talking about computer stuff, its no longer than 10 minutes into the conversation and I know I've already lost him/her in the conversation. :p

again, thats pretty sad.
 
TheRapture said:
I got my XT-PE for $425 :D


OK, so I didn't really....but I did get a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO, tested it at PE speeds, then finally flashed the BIOS to an XT-PE to unlock the pipes, now it runs all 16 pipes at full speed prefectly, so from a performance standpoint, I DO have an XT-PE...

thank you ATI for making the VIVO's with everything I needed to save $150 bucks :p

I got my Vivo at CompUSA for $320. Got you beat. :p (for once I actually get a good deal)

And for the guy that said the memory timings are different on a Pro than an XT PE, it's not a pro once you flash it with the XT PE bios. :cool:
 
Jonsey said:
I got my Vivo at CompUSA for $320. Got you beat. :p (for once I actually get a good deal)

And for the guy that said the memory timings are different on a Pro than an XT PE, it's not a pro once you flash it with the XT PE bios. :cool:

I got p0wnEd....320??? wow....how did you manage that? Very nice...

Yeah no kidding, the BIOS is what sets the ram timings so once flashed to a PE...it IS a PE. My card actually has the exact same ram as the XT-PE. Same part number...

What trips me out is how fast and cool the ram runs on these babies considering how FAST it runs...
 
TheRapture said:
I got p0wnEd....320??? wow....how did you manage that? Very nice...

Yeah no kidding, the BIOS is what sets the ram timings so once flashed to a PE...it IS a PE. My card actually has the exact same ram as the XT-PE. Same part number...

What trips me out is how fast and cool the ram runs on these babies considering how FAST it runs...

$320 is the CompUSA empoyee price on the X800 Pro. It was actually $350 out the door with taxes, but no one quotes the final price. They still have Vivo's at the Pleasaton/Dublin store in the San Francisco bay area, if anyone is interested. :D

My RAM seems pretty hot to the touch, at least when it's running a 3D app. I have the same GC16 RAM as the PE's.

As much as I thought the name was just a marketing gimmic, it feels good to open the display properties and see "Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition" under the 3D device.
 
NukeleaR my friend, nice choice! i work in a computer shop by day and im attending civil(building) engenering at night on the other side of the atlantic,Portugal, and i got my X800XT and my samsung 172X today! superb :D :D :D
is the only word i can think of on very well spent money( here is a little bit + expensive) :p
Good luck with your new pearls!
 
:cool: Indeed

Love both my purchases, I'm also a Engineer by day :) Computer Engineer from Georgia Tech.
 
Back
Top