• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just Got My X-Fi, Do I really Need The Creative programs?

aldy402

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
3,404
Well I just got my X-Fi and its NOT really much of an improvement with playings mp3s over my old Audigy2 ZS, but I havent gamed on it yet so i'll hold my opinions on that.

I installed the X-Fi drivers stand-alone and left everything else, should I even bother installing all the programs and mediasource crap thats on the CD? I hate crap cloggin up my taskbar, am I at a disadvantage without the software? thanks
 
It doesn't "clog up your taskbar" - just adds a single icon to it, which is certainly handier for controlling volume that having to open the control panel.

As to the OTHER software on the disk....well, with the Audigy 2zs Plat, there was an AWFUL LOT of very cool programs that came with it. The DVD-Audio player, for sure, is worth playing around with, and some of the music production software environments are very neat!
 
So, did you install all of the control panels as well? You need the control panels (or the Audio Console app) to enable the various features of the card.
 
Back
Top