Just got my Westinghouse 47"

wikidlad

Limp Gawd
First thing I did was hook up my PC and I was blown away by the clarity, amazing. So after a few games of BF2 I hooked up the 360 and was equally impressed. Im a big FPS gamer and i can tell you there is no tearing or ghosting.
After months of reading reviews and peoples opinions I bit the bullet and I have absolutely no regrets. So for those on the fence I can highly recommend this set.

Here are some pics of the 360 (Test Drive) and my PC (must clean that rats nest under the desk)

http://static.flickr.com/139/325343395_034d33f180.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/144/325564654_bbeb6d85c1.jpg?v=0

My PC is a 4400X2 with 7800GTX in SLI with 2 gigs of ram.

Thanks Batman.

Now if I could only kick my 6yr old off the 360 long enough to play BF2

Yeah I think the 47 might be too big for me I was thinking thinking of the 42. How is it sitting right in front with computer usage. I like the set-up BTW

Its actually not that bad. I sit about 4ft away and its perfect for PC usage....a little further back for 360 games.
I was worried it would be too big but BB didnt stock the 42" and i wanted somewhere local in case there was something wrong with it. and for $1499 i couldnt argue.

I'll add some more pics tonight...any particular games ?

K, i have both so Ill boot them both up....kinda curious how it will look myself.

wait, 1499? how the heck did you get that price? thats what i paid for my 42 westy 5 months ago!

takimbe said:
wait, 1499? how the heck did you get that price? thats what i paid for my 42 westy 5 months ago!

I second that. I can sell both of my 24"ers for a good price, and pick up the 47" tomorrow. Where where where? :D

yeah im not seeing it for that low of a price anywhere!!! info please...id sell my 42 and use the money towards the 47 right away!

How big is that monitor sitting to the left of it in that first pic?

I got a 24" and i can't even imagine a 30 inch little lone a 47 inch :eek:

The monitor to the left is the dell 24" and then the next is the 20".
The price was given after I went to the local BB and they have it posted as $1499, so I told a guy I would have 1. he went to check stock and said they were out but I could have one delivered but when i explained that the online price was $1799 he said he would make sure i pay the instore price. When he was cashing it all up he found out that the price should have been $1699 but someone had placed (his words) "The day after xmas price" on the product but they had to honor it. So I got the tv and a 4yr plan for $1700.

So i think its safe to assume this tv will be on sale at BB for $1499 the day after Christmas.

I took pics last night of COD2 and Far Cry but i forgot my camera so ill post em when i get home.

A quick side note. Best buy have a 60 day policy on there tv's right now that says they will match the price if this unit goes on sale in the enxt 60 days and i think thats why they gave it to me.

I'm more curious to find out what resolution you are running at.

The native resolution is listed at 1920 x 1080, just curious what you settled on and how it looks at the native res vs. a custom res. (interested in finding out 1920 x 1200, to get 1600x1200 w/ black borders.)

I think I'd need to purchase a new computer desk to support that thing.... it's pretty massive! I have a 50" Sony Projection LCD and THAT takes up a lot of real estate on it's TV stand, and my computer desk is probably 2/3 the size of the TV stand. *SIGH*

We'll see how my wallet feels the day AFTER Christmas, though. :)

Im running it at 1920 x 1080. I did a little vision test last night against the dell 24" at 1920 x 1200 and the westy definatetly looks sharper.
I havent watched tv on it yet as i dont have a tv feed anywhere near it yet.

Very nice Wiki.
I bought myself the 37" Westinghouse 1080p this past Friday and I'm loving it. I am very impressed

My question to you is do PC games look a little grainy on the 47" at 1920 x 1080, such as Call of Duty2, D&D Online, Battlefield2?

Thanks,

Rhynn

They look amazing Cris, super sharp and crystal clear.

I just wanted to know at 10 inches bigger(47 inch) do games look stretched?

No actually the graphics look really sharp, I sit about 4ft away from the screen and they dont look grainy at all. I think the graphics look better on the 47 than they did on the dell 24".
I think the only thing is that maybe its a little too big ..not for the 360 cause you dont have to sit as close as you do for the pc.....i guess i could get wireless keyboard and mouse but then id need to move the desk away from the wall and wallmount the screen. Too much hassle. :D

PS, just did a walk around BB and the screen has gone back up to $1898 so I asked a bb employee and he said its usual before the sale because then they can say "Marked down $500".

Received mine last week.....looks amazing. BB has a 60 day price guarantee so you bet your azz I'll be there the day after Christmas.

Back