Just got my Sapphire 7870

Wickedout2011

Weaksauce
Well I get it tomorrow sometime. Every review I've read said it's a pretty bad ass card for the money. Time to say goodbye to my XFX 6870. I'm pretty excited to be putting it in my rig. Should help out my gaming experiencing while playing BF3.

Last edited:
Congratulations brotha. Welcome to the 7xxx family! Should be a fairly nice upgrade ^__^

I like that card. A little overpriced but very efficient and fast and clocks sky high according to reviwers. Let us know about overclocking if you do so. There is a major dearth of OCing info from forum users on this card (because it's rather expensive mid range so not too many are biting yet)

GLHF

I like that card. A little overpriced but very efficient and fast and clocks sky high according to reviwers. Let us know about overclocking if you do so. There is a major dearth of OCing info from forum users on this card (because it's rather expensive mid range so not too many are biting yet)

GLHF

Very true. Been very hard to find reviews about OCing and crossfire it feels

Congrats on your purchase and upgrade, I should have my 7970 to start testing tomorrow as well

I'm still waiting on UPS to get here. Not very many reviews about the OCing or X-fire information on these GPU's yet. I'm sure we'll see some soon enough. I know motherboards.org did some pretty good videos on them at YouTube. Might want to check them out.

Here's a video review in regards to one of the 7870's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUJv3_mUxVQ

Last edited:
Got my new Sapphire 7870 yesterday and all I can say is I love this thing. It's a beast! It's very quiet and stays very cool. This is definitely an upgrade over my 6870!

This card will need to last me for at least 2-3 years. I'll eventually update to X-fire probably in October of this year. If any of you like Sapphire this is the card to get if you don't want to spend $400 or more.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm loving my reference cooler PowerColor one. I'm bumped mine to 1250/1450 first night I had it. 1300 crashed out of BF3 in a couple minutes, 1275 crashed out of BF3 after 15min or so, but 1250 is rock solid. Not going to waste time messing with it to get a few more MHz out of it. It is more than quick enough for me

Wow 1250 Mhz that's insane. Probably comes close to 7970 there since card can almost beat a 7950 stock lol. I'm waiting to see what prices and nV does this gen but I want this for my <300W SFF lan box.

3dMark11, i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz

Stock (1000/1200), P6466
1250/1450, P7584

Looking at TechPowerUp's review, I'm a few hundred low at stock speed, and with it at 1250/1450, I'm about that same difference away from their 7970 score. I imagine that means it is about on par with a 7970. Definitely happy :)

That's a 17-18% increase for a 25% core OC and 20% memory OC. Not terrible scaling really at all.

Back