• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just got my new p4c...

Neoaether

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
92
And I want to know how long I should go before OCing it. It's 2.6c and I'm running at about 36c idle on stock air right now... 42c when I crank my heat up in my room and I've never seen it above 45c load.

I also want to know about how high 2.6s are expect to go 'optimally'. My other specs are Radeon 9800pro 128 BBA and 256x2 Corsair XMS 3200.

Also, where can I get a temp readout for my video card, I'd like to OC it as well. Sorry if I'm a noob and these questions have been answered.
 
As soon as I got my 2.4c, I oc'ed it to what I have now.
Some people believe in burning in, and some don't.

I don't have any experience with the 2.6c.

I have a 9800pro as well, and I'm not aware of any software
based way to get a temp. The only that I know to get a temp
reading is to use a probe(hehe) of some sort.
 
each chip will OC different, but as a general guideline most 2.6c's seem to go 3.2, some go higher, mine is stuck on 250fsb 1:1, though not sure its the CPU.
 
I would suggest start at 230 fsb. Then raise it at increments of 5 and see how high you can get it. You'll most likely need to raise the ram and vcore voltages to run stable at the higher fsb setting.
 
Since I'm running 3200/400 ram should I worry about different ram multipliers etc etc?
 
You'll have to set the ratio to 5:4 before you go any further than 200. Then just slowly increase by 5 fsb at a time, increasing the voltage a little when instability occurs.
 
what is a good gauge as to how stable your processor will be... stock my processor gets up to 53c on prime95 after only 5 minutes or so
 
Back
Top