• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just got my G325.

Zallek

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
449
This is kind of a semi-planned idea thread with some comparing between the AOpen G325 and my Antec Aria.

Now, from the few posts I've seen about AOpens newerish matx case, the G325, most people seem to think its ugly.. Personally, when it got to my door my thoughts went from "wow, its not that bad guys.. wtf mate?" to "Well, ok I see what everyones saying, but it still isnt THAT bad.." After looking it over a bit, the plasticy front piece isnt too terribly ugly, and with some love to the rest of the case it may not look to bad in the end.

I havent found a sharp edge yet (I've never owned a Lian Li, so I dont know that kind of quality), but the only other cases I've bought my self was a crappy Raidmax thing that made me look like some emo kid trying to commit suicide once I was done, and my Aria, which was pretty good for the edges. To compare, the AOpen is relatively close to the Aria in terms of smooth edges.

IMO, the PSU is a pretty decent idea, it keeps that extra heat out, frees up some space, but AOpens design was to use that 120mm fan as the only exhaust to cool this thing. Well, I have plans to change that.

Inside my Aria I currently have a cheap watercooling kit by Cooler Master, the Aquamini R120. Im hoping I can utilize this as a start for my G325 until I can get some money to build a custom setup. Now, I've never modded anything to the extent that some people achieve here, and I've never ran water cooling other than my little R120 kit.

Since Im kinda short on time I'll just quickly sum up my plans for this thing.

-Hopefully mount the R120 rad to the 120mm PSU fan as a temporary placement until I can get some lines on the case top and side panels.
-Paint the interior of the case flat black (the plastic face plate doesnt seem to shiny).
-Cut some holes either on one side or the top (if room permits) for future 120mm rad placement.
-Run my CCFLs along the bottom, probably going with the oh so famous blue. The PSU I bought is a Fortron BlueStorm 500, and I have a few 120mm CM blue led fans from my Aria Im going to use. They're somewhat quieter, and push decent CFM.

So yeah, thats basically it for now. Remember, I've never modded anything before and this isnt my mod thread, I'll start that in the case modding forum sometime in the next week or so. Hope to get some encouragement for it, as my last mod attempt was horribly shut down by a few angry people.. lol
 
Where did you purchase the case from. I haven't seen any avaliable yet.

Good luck with your build, and you'll be able to get any help here from plenty of people to help your modding.
 
sounds good! Look forward to see how it goes.

I wish Aopen would have sent one of the cases to review but it appears they won't :)

Do you think its annoying that the handles are not really handles?
 
Honestly, I didnt even realize those were handles until I was putting the top/sides back on the case.. lol But yes, I do find it somewhat annoying, but not to terribly much because I used to tote my Aria around, and it doesnt have anything to hold on to as well. I may add one/two of those steel handles later on if the top proves to be study enuff to hold the entire weight.

I bought it from www.ncix.com, I noticed them last week I believe. $94 cnd isnt to bad.. I had free shipping as well.

Well, I attempted to paint it, and that didnt go as planned. Going to sand off the paint and redo it. I was impatient so that doesnt help either. So far all I need to do is cut a hole in the side for the rad/120mm because I cant exactly mount my rad the way I had it in my Aria anymore, so my main comp is outta comission for a bit until I either put it back in the aria, or cut the hole and mount the rad. Speaking of which, does anyone know exactly how big the hole has to be for a 120mm? I tried to measure it, but I wasnt exactly sure so I didnt wanna cut anything yet.. Just double checking, you know.

-Edit-
Im kind of curious, since Im new to watercooling. I'll probably end up posting in the watercooling section after this, but figured I'd ask here since it has some attention.
Anyone have any suggestions for a cpu block/120mm rad/pump setup for a 3700+ sandy? I was thinking of getting some swiftech stuff, but again, Im new to it, and not entirely sure what I should get as to not overpower it. Quiet is nice, I dont need tons of cooling.. My current setup gave me like 37C load temps which doesnt seem bad for a cheap starter kit.
 
I just ordered one in the mail as a good companion for my MOTD Aopen i915gmm motherboard and pentium m 755 system. I am really excited, they are SO rare to get on the market and from my experience Aopen as a company are really hard to do business with. That is probably why distribution is so nil. I have high hopes, I saw the Microfly, and I thought it was the worst case, and I see boring q-packs every day. Also the Lian LI v300 MATX case, that ETA is August folks, that stinks.
 
Back
Top