Just got my 7800 GT....

Sydek

Weaksauce
I just got upgraded to the 7800 GT. As I unloaded the package, I noticed this odd looking set of cables; I have no clue what they do. Someone must know.... :D

Sorry about the quality as I took it w/ my cell.

its a vid dongle (teehee), it has your svid out/composite out&in/component out, etc etc

bascially all the connections you would need to hook it up to a tv, monitor, hdtv, etc

does this have anything to do with video game consoles. Could I plug a PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox into these things?

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff. All I know is the white/yellow/red for video games/dvd players, but anything other than that is beyond me. This help is much appreciated!

Sydek said:
does this have anything to do with video game consoles. Could I plug a PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox into these things?

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff. All I know is the white/yellow/red for video games/dvd players, but anything other than that is beyond me. This help is much appreciated!

You should be able to, yes.

Find out which one of those connectors is video in (there should be an s-video and a composite, use whichever you need to), Connect your video game console video out to that connector, and the audio to the line-in on your sound card. (you may need a RCA -> headphone jack adaptor).

Then you can just use any number of programs to view the input from the VIVO on your 7800GT. I like DScaler. :)

Back