just got my 2nd 7800gtx

it sucks cuz everything is so damn cluttered while running sli in this btx case .. its impossible to hide wires .. and everything

lol im thinking of switching to the asus sli board since it has much better spacing between the videocards cuz on the dfi board they are very very close

acrh2 said:
How exactly do you install the bracket? To which part does it attach?
It attaches underneath the screws that retain your cards, like your video card.

EnderW said:
:eek: :eek:
If you need a 125.8 CFM fan to keep your videocard cool, something is wrong.
LOL Well, I put a couple different options there, but I was suggesting that cuz... Well... Better to have too much cooling than not enough. :-D

jetjaguar said:
if i was swapping otu coolers .. i would definitely go with something better then the evga one .. like the stasiscooling one coming out .. since it will vent the air out of the case and is sli friendly

Actually, I'll be reviewing that cooler in a few weeks hopefully. I'll let you know how it does. :cool:

torment said:
My 6800GT was....until I got rid of the AGP mobo.

Went from P4 2.8C, Abit IS7, and eVGA 6800GT to AMD 3800+ X2, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, and eVGA 7800GT. Everything screams.

Nice SLI setup btw jetjaguar.....pics!

Ok, thats odd... I just came from the same system TO the same system. :eek:

except I had the IC7-Max3, but everything else is the same. Wierd

all i need now is a x-fi fatality card .. whenever it comes avaible .. and to upgrade my 3500+ to an x2

blackdog714 said:
Ok, thats odd... I just came from the same system TO the same system. :eek:

except I had the IC7-Max3, but everything else is the same. Wierd

Haha....what memory do you have?

jetjaguar said:
lol im thinking of switching to the asus sli board since it has much better spacing between the videocards cuz on the dfi board they are very very close

Have you seen pics of the new rev of the DFI SLI board coming out? It has a dual gap like the asus boards... Although, I noticed an 24/8pin power layout vs 24/4. They took off one of the other power connects though, so it be slightly better for wire management...

Anyway I haven't seen any overheating prob with my 7800GTX's and the DFI, actually they run cooler than my previous 6800GTs.

jetjaguar said:
i just ran fear at everything maxxed .. i didnt see any option under video for AA or Af ..

I forced them globally in the drivers...

well mine are smoking .. one is idling at 61c and the other at 50c .. they load around 75c and 82c .. will be much better when i switch cases and this lian li v1200 sucks for air flow

i hope the new rev dfi board comes out soon

jetjaguar said:
well mine are smoking .. one is idling at 61c and the other at 50c .. they load around 75c and 82c .. will be much better when i switch cases and this lian li v1200 sucks for air flow

Yep I have the exact same internal layout as you (v-2100) and I get approximately the same temps as you. I will be mouning my waterblocks soon, just haven't got around to it yet. I am sure I can bring em down to around 44-48C load.

once stasis thermal releases their coolers .. should be in a week or so .. im sure i can bring the temps down by alot .. since it will blow the air out of the case .. so that will help a bunch and prolly when i switch out my case for a stacker 810 or something with much better airflow

haha what kind? i've got 3200c2pt....only 1GB, but I'm buying another gig in the next month. this shit can run bf2 really well, but the memory is chugging along.

Back