just got green xbox ! now i need some games

hellomcfly

Limp Gawd
well i just got the new green xbox : se :)

it came with halo and green s controller. so now i need some games :D and i will be getting live! within the next week or so. im currenly have had my fair share of RPG's and dont want to play any of the sort for some time. other than that im into just about everything

also is there a website you can look up how many people are playing each game on live to see what is the most popular ??

I just got an xbox too but I got a regular one. I got Ninja Gaiden, NFS Street and Robotech: Battlecry. I'm pretty happy with all my choices, but Ninja Gaiden is the best, fuggen AWESOME game. Plus there's a way to unlock all 3 original games too, gotta love the classic gaming craze

Project Gotham 2, Ninja Gaiden, Fight Night 2004, MLB baseball 2004, NBA Ballers, Crimson Skies, StarWars KoTOR. These are some of my favorite games.

aren't the green xboxes the dev ones that can only play prerelease games and not retail ones?

Originally posted by Merlin45
aren't the green xboxes the dev ones that can only play prerelease games and not retail ones?

Naw...This green XBOX is the new Halo edition they released recently...There is also anoter different green one that they released for Mountain Dew...Haven't heard about the one you are talking about though...

The dev ones hes talking about is a Debug kit, thier pretty damn rare cause since most are illegal to own without a license they get pulled off e-bay when found, they go for 500 bucks plus, kinda worthless but an awesome collectors item. They look just like the Halo and Mountain dew ones but say "Debug Kit" on the face to the right.
Anyway to chime in with some games: Rainbow Six 3, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Splinter Cell and SC:pandora Tommrow, Mechassault, Ninja Gaiden. Theres tons more that Im drawin a blank to.

The dev machines also have 128 megs of RAM instead of the standard 64. For what it's worth you can get a second busted Xbox, pull the RAM and install it in another for way less money, but you had better have some decent SMT soldering skill. Not that the extra RAM is worth much to most people anyway.

links 2004 and amped 2 are great games.

If you are looking for some old ones, outlaw golf is fun, as well as the original amped.

Just don't play amped and amped 2 back to back. The changed the controls around and it really messes up the flow of the game.

Oh, and splinter cell 1 & 2 of course.

Ninja Gaiden, Fight Night 2004, Splinter Cell 1/2 are both good, and older one is Blood Rayne. NFS: U, Knights of the Old Republic, Tony Hawk underground, Nfl Street, hmmm.... SSX 3 SSX Tricky....Killswitch, the last James Bond (?Everything or Nothing?)....Manhunt or suffering

Splinter Cell 2 is the fucking bomb. Playing online is pure bliss...

thanks for all the recommendations !!

- right now i have on loan from a friend
- kotor / nascar 2004 / nba street / radiojet set

now on the list to get
- splinter cell 2 or rainbow 6 3
- ninja gaiden
- links 2004 or outlaw golf
- mechassault (comes with Live! Kit)
- project gotham 2
- colin mcrae rally 4

- anymore only xbox titles that are good which i can pick up ?

Burnout 2. The racing portion of the game is decent, but doesn't compare to the other great racing games on XBox. However, the crash mode is what makes this game fun. I've been playing it off and on for weeks, and I'm still not tired of it. Just got 2 tracks to go to have all gold. Can't figure out the sweet spot for these last two, though.

Also, Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow is awesome, especially if you have Live and can play online.

RagManX

Originally posted by RagManX
Burnout 2. The racing portion of the game is decent, but doesn't compare to the other great racing games on XBox. However, the crash mode is what makes this game fun. I've been playing it off and on for weeks, and I'm still not tired of it. Just got 2 tracks to go to have all gold. Can't figure out the sweet spot for these last two, though.

Also, Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow is awesome, especially if you have Live and can play online.

RagManX

Burnout's crashes are so fun to watch.

Originally posted by hellomcfly
thanks for all the recommendations !!

- right now i have on loan from a friend
- kotor / nascar 2004 / nba street / radiojet set

now on the list to get
- splinter cell 2 or rainbow 6 3
- ninja gaiden
- links 2004 or outlaw golf
- mechassault (comes with Live! Kit)
- project gotham 2
- colin mcrae rally 4

- anymore only xbox titles that are good which i can pick up ?

They also have a Rainbow Six 3 live set, comes with a RS headset and the live setup, incase you prefer that over Mechassault.

Ninja gaiden and Soul Caliber 2........

now we just have to find a way to put ryu in soul caliber. :D

Originally posted by Bobsaysthis
They also have a Rainbow Six 3 live set, comes with a RS headset and the live setup, incase you prefer that over Mechassault.

yes ! i noticed that today . im gona get that set or the set with Crimson Skys the begging of next week.

i got Links 2004 and ToCA Racing today. along with Halo and the others i have on loan from my friend i should be set for alittle bit until i get live!!

thanks for the help guys

soon as i get my live setup ill put my gamer tag in my sig and hopefully we can get some battles going :D

Ninja Gaiden is what I would recommend, that game is the deciding factor in me getting an XBox... been playing that game at my friends, so after now I'm going to be getting my Xbox in a month. :p

Project Gotham Live is fun too.

Most of those other recommendations are excellent titles, though they've left one huge adventure game out;

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is one amazing game. There really isn't a way to describe it. The gameplay is just so damned cohesive and fluid that it has to be seen to be believed.

Fifa 2004 - Go Manchester Unt

Ninja Gaiden - havent played it but its all good or so i hear

Madden 2004 - Once you learn the game find some friends and play them for money

MVP 2004 - Baseball at its finest except no Bonds but who cares about SF. GO ASTROS :)

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - learn it master it go to tournaments Too good if you have time to learn

Star Wars KOTOR - Just play it then youll see why

Beyond Good and Evil - great game and only $20

Marrowind - only if you have time

Rainbow 6 3 - team based action at its finest

C S - Only get it if you have live. Good game to pass time even though i hate cs.

Soul Calibur 2 - read MVC2 statement

FIght NIght - Takes a while to learn controls but smotth sailing after that.

THats all i can think for now

Originally posted by WickedAngel
Most of those other recommendations are excellent titles, though they've left one huge adventure game out;

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is one amazing game. There really isn't a way to describe it. The gameplay is just so damned cohesive and fluid that it has to be seen to be believed.

Ahhh yea, Prince of Persia, man what a great game. It takes alot for me to dig a platformer and that was a great game.

Originally posted by merlin704
Don't forget to try Unreal Championship.:)
Umm... No... UC is just a watered down version of UT2k3.

For singleplayer I'd recommend:
-Ninja Gaiden :cool:
-Prince of Persia
-Knights of the Old Republic (I know, it is an RPG :p )
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Max Payne
-Max Payne 2

For multiplayer/Live! I'd recommend:
-Ghost Recon
-Brute Force
-Crimson Skies
-Project Gotham 2

Originally posted by Typical Gamer
I bet some of the new boxes will go defective within 1 year.

Hope you bought your prp's.

Why is that? The only big problems people had were with the Tompson drives, and that only happend to a small amount of people. I know way more ps2's that crapped out than xboxes. (ive had to buy 2 of em)

Originally posted by Typical Gamer
I bet some of the new boxes will go defective within 1 year.

Hope you bought your prp's.

i got the extended warrenty from Gamestop for 20bucks .. i think it gives me another year

the new green xbox's were made with the older, original parts, non-samsung drives and such, this comming from the microsoft rep himself.

3 in our district alone came back within the first 2 days because of harddrive errors.

I don't know what my xbox's edition is, but I bought it new from Best Buy on January 10th of 2002. My xbox is still going strong.

*knocks on wood*

Back