Just got done wall-mounting my LCD display

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
Hey guys!

I finally ended up wall-mounting my Westinghouse TX-42F430S 1080p LCD display this week. I purchased a $25 LCD wall-mount from Monoprice.com, and some conduit from Home Depot to hold the HDMI and power cables, since opening the wall up wasn't really something I was interested in pursuing.

Here are the results of my work:

Edit: Picasa fail. Use this link instead:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67436&l=7a354&id=517266490

Enjoy!

it's mounted on the wall and doesn't look crooked. I'd say it looks fine but what do I know? :)

It's my first ever attempt at wall-mounting my display, and I thought it looked pretty good with the cables hidden in the conduit and all .... I guess maybe I shouldn't feel as special as I do :( Bubble ... burst. :( lol

Looks good to me. I'd probably get a different component stand since that one looks like it's missing the TV that should be sitting on top of it.

you should put some pic's up on image shack for us slackers at work whom cant visit facebook, im interested to see your mount job

I don't know how to explain it, but it just looks awkward. Why didn't you extend the wire cover all the way to the carpet/baseboard?

I don't know how to explain it, but it just looks awkward. Why didn't you extend the wire cover all the way to the carpet/baseboard?

I'd put a low stand in front of that part, directly under the TV, that would hold all the components, Salamander has some good ones, something like the Triple 10.

I think it looks better than sitting on that older TV stand. I just did mine at home but..... mine is in a corner. So instead of a bracket I made some custom shelves for the corner out of 2 layers of 3/4 ply glued and nailed together with some nice 1x2 for the exposed edge. Then sanded and stained them "bombay mahogany" and mounted them to the corner in a floating fashion. Then to hide the cables I cut and stained a second board to go vertically in the corner up to the bottom shelf - that board is about 7" wide and goes down to the baseboard. A lot more involved but my first type of interior fine finish woodworking project.

Heh - after typing this I'm thinking maybe instead of hijacking your thread I should make my own.;)

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! For those of you at the office, check out this link (let me know if it doesn't work, but I know my work allows Picasa):

http://picasaweb.google.com/pcgeek86/20081220LCDWallMount

To answer a couple questions:

1) I probably will eventually replace the TV stand unit with something else. It does look bare without the display on top, but I got some good use out of it since March, when I moved into my townhome. Target has a very similarly-looking unit that's taller, and has a couple extra spots for components. I will probably Craigslist the current one.

2) I didn't put the conduit all the way down to the baseboard so that if I ever have to remove the baseboard for some reason, I don't have to remove the conduit. With it raised up a little, I can avoid this situation. That's really the only reason I had for putting it there, but I could see how you think it looks weird.

----

Oh, and MixMan .. how about posting some pictures of your setup? :)

The holes are from the previous owners. They probably had pictures hanging there or something. They're nothing compared to the holes I had to drill through the drywall & 2x4s for my LCD mount though :)

Edit: Oh wait, those are actually from some old shelves that I had to remove in order to mount the LCD. The shelves were left here by the previous owners though. They weren't terribly attractive, and I don't know what they would have been used for.

I cant ell if its a little crooked, I think its just perspective plying tricks on my eye.

overall it looks great, its got a clean look

looks good.
I am planning on getting that mount for my Plasma as well.

Thanks guys! :)

Jerb: I know it looks crooked, but it's not. I put a level on it, and it's very close to being perfectly level. I do believe it's just the perspective that's tricking you.

:)

Back