Just got BFG 8800 GT OC from Best Buy

jbailey

Limp Gawd
All of the Best Buys in my area just got these in today. They were shipped through UPS. They're going for $279 (got it for $229 since I'm an employee!). I just upgraded from a 6800GS, and before Crysis would barely run in 1024x768 on low settings, now it's very playable (not 60 fps) at 1680x1050 with everything on high.

I'm very pleased with my purchase. :)

Awesome man, whats the OC? I have a $100 gift card to Best buy I've never used. I have almost the same build as you (except 3500+ :/ and 1gb ram). I have a 6800gt currently. If I get a 8800gt think it would play CoD4 pretty good?

Thanks for the heads up, i decided i wanted to play with gt tonight and was waiting for a loca store to get them today for instant gratification.

I just ordered 2 for store pickup. 5 stores had them and by the time i ordered only one store had any left. I wont know if mine is good until i get a second email

Awesome man, whats the OC? I have a $100 gift card to Best buy I've never used. I have almost the same build as you (except 3500+ :/ and 1gb ram). I have a 6800gt currently. If I get a 8800gt think it would play CoD4 pretty good?

yes, an 8800GT will play COD4 very well :)

Any preformance difference between this BFG and the eVGA Superclock?

Any preformance difference between this BFG and the eVGA Superclock?

If they have the same clocks they will have the same performance (w/in margin of error), all of the cards are made by one company then shipped out and have stickers slapped on em.

i have the same build, thinking of picking one up as i also game at 16x10, might wait for prices to settle down a bit (I dont know anyone that works at bestbuy :D)

AHAH , just got my confirmation email, going to pick them up now .

GT sli goodness, should be interesting . I love the single slot design.

Specs on the box say...

Core Clock: 625MHz (vs. 600MHz standard)
Shader Clock: 1566MHz (vs. 1500MHz standard)
Memory Data Rate: 1800MHz

So it's not overclocked as much as the superclocked.

got it for $229 since I'm an employee!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been meaning to check the discount while I'm at work but always forget about it.

+ 10% off I think still after you email BFG :)

Yea , I ordered my XFX while I was at work yesterday and then I help unload the truck and there are the BFG's :)

Oh well... running my xfx here and very happy with it.

I have mine in hand I am going to fire these babies up in a little while

Didn't you have a pair of 8800 Ultra's?

I had a pair of GTX's awhile back then went to a sinlge, then sold that and went a single GTS, and now two GT's , soon the "beast" card or perhaps later? lol

I sold my last Dell 30 knowing i would be pissed once Crysis was released
I will return to 30 inch gaming once there is a card that can drive games like Crysis at 2560x1600 or a single slot design like the GT that can do it in sli....I like my XFI HM can you say GTX with 128 shaders and a smaller die ? oh and 1 gig of ddr4?

I had a pair of GTX's awhile back then went to a sinlge, then sold that and went a single GTS, and now two GT's , soon the "beast" card or perhaps later? lol

I sold my last Dell 30 knowing i would be pissed once Crysis was released
I will return to 30 inch gaming once there is a card that can drive games like Crysis at 2560x1600 or a single slot design like the GT that can do it in sli....I like my XFI HM can you say GTX with 128 shaders and a smaller die ? oh and 1 gig of ddr4?
yea I did something similar I had 2 8800gts 320mb I sold them on ebay (only got $200 each) then ordered a 8800gt from frys for $229 and pocketed $170 which went towards my watercooling project

Went to my local best buy to pick up the BFG after calling and confirming they had 4 in stock... So I make it there and they aren't on the shelf yet and the guy said they won't unload them until tomorrow.

:(

Thanks for the heads up, I just bought one at the store in San Bernardino, CA. I paid for it online with instore pickup and just got back from picking it up. They didn't have any on the shelves, so they must all be in the back. I didn't ask how many they had.

$279.99 plus CA tax brought the total to $302, which is a bit more than I hoped to pay. I had been hoping to get a vanilla EVGA model for $250 online somewhere (with no sales tax) but that won't be happening for a while since all the online stores are marking up every card, and not to mention perpetually out of stock.

I needed a card quickly anyway since I am putting together a complete new system (3 yr old system=dead, power supply died and took out my mobo) and my other components will arrive on wednesday from TigerDirect.

Anybody wanna buy a like-new AGP 7800GS? :)

Just picked up mine earlier today from BB after reading this thread. $179.99! <3 that $100 gift card I had.

Bit the bullet; full msrp @ BB, hopefully I can get a 10% coupon soon and PM the price! Or just get one online if they ever bewcome avail and return the card... but I DO like BFG brand the best simply because of the way they position their brand.

If it shows it in the inventory, and it's after the release date, Best Buy is supposed to sell the item to you, even if it "hasn't been unpacked" yet. The only way it will show up in their inventory is if they've scanned the item, which means the box in the warehouse is open and just sitting on the floor somewhere. I would've gotten a manager or store manager to get the card for me.

Yep , they are not out on the floor because they are not planogramed to be out on the floor. I made a spot for them at my store because I know they will sell...

Best Buy has also started their holiday return policy, which means things purchased now other than cameras, TV's, and computers, can be returned up until mid or late January.. so if the price drops... :)

LOLLERSKATES.

I just had to follow up. I bought the 8800gt on Friday; Saturday I receive the 12% off coupons for THIS WEEKEND. Meaning they sent these coupons out quite late or they got delayed in the mail; tomorrow I'll bring the receipt in for a price adjust. Hopefully this will go through!

After coupon this puts me at about Newegg-gouged prices (280-33.6 * 1.08=$266) , not too shabby considering it's instant gratification retail and I will get at least a $5 reward voucher out of it.

Best Buy has also started their holiday return policy, which means things purchased now other than cameras, TV's, and computers, can be returned up until mid or late January.. so if the price drops... :)
Yea I noticed that on the receipt, but didn't know if it applied on video cards. So it does?

LOLLERSKATES.

I just had to follow up. I bought the 8800gt on Friday; Saturday I receive the 12% off coupons for THIS WEEKEND. Meaning they sent these coupons out quite late or they got delayed in the mail; tomorrow I'll bring the receipt in for a price adjust. Hopefully this will go through!

After coupon this puts me at about Newegg-gouged prices (280-33.6 * 1.08=$266) , not too shabby considering it's instant gratification retail and I will get at least a $5 reward voucher out of it.
What coupon?! Where can I get one?! :)

Yeah, I believe it applies to anything that falls under the normal 30 day return policy.

Sweet! It's almost like a 90 step-up from eVGA, except better! Haha suckas

Yea I noticed that on the receipt, but didn't know if it applied on video cards. So it does?

What coupon?! Where can I get one?! :)

Bestbuy sends out coupons in the mail every 1-3 weeks... at least for me? I know they target specific customers though, I'm pretty sure they track people through their rewards card.

Bestbuy sends out coupons in the mail every 1-3 weeks... at least for me? I know they target specific customers though, I'm pretty sure they track people through their rewards card.

Ah, ok not me I guess. Scan it for me will ya? ;)

picked up a BFG8800GT OC from a local BB in Heath,OH. they still have 3 on the shelf.....

I just picked one up, they didn't have them on the shelf yet, had to get it from the back, OC'd to 725/2000 stable (linked shaders), feels like there is more room on the core but I'll wait until I get a w/c block for it. Love the card, one of the best bang for bucks in the video card arena yet. Love BFG cards cards too.

Back