Just got an X-Fi!

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
1,916
yea i just got an x-fi.. and i'm wondering if I should turn on the crystalizer in game mode? will it affect my performance... cuase well the x-fi boosted my fps in counter strike: source.. and well.. it boosted it so i have everything maxed on video on my native resolution.. 1680x1050.
 
HaX said:
yea i just got an x-fi.. and i'm wondering if I should turn on the crystalizer in game mode? will it affect my performance... cuase well the x-fi boosted my fps in counter strike: source.. and well.. it boosted it so i have everything maxed on video on my native resolution.. 1680x1050.
When you are talking about whether to have the crystalizer on or off, its not a matter of "will it give me better or worse FPS", but "do you like the way it changes the sound".

Test it out yourself, and see if you like it better. ^_^
 
towert7 said:
When you are talking about whether to have the crystalizer on or off, its not a matter of "will it give me better or worse FPS", but "do you like the way it changes the sound".

Test it out yourself, and see if you like it better. ^_^

I run with it on, but that's just me.

And no, you won't see a performance hit with it on. At least I never did in BF2. Ultra quality sound is beautiful, especially with no performance loss.
 
PNut12345 said:
I run with it on, but that's just me.

And no, you won't see a performance hit with it on. At least I never did in BF2. Ultra quality sound is beautiful, especially with no performance loss.

The sound in BF2 with an X-Fi is something different, no doubt about that ;)

Terra...
 
Back
Top