(pics are clickable thumbnails)
I just bought a VA912b (because it was $258 after shipping) and I'm having some trouble adjusting it.
I'm using the input option for standard RGB on the monitor so there is no brightness or contrast adjustment there (what should I use?)
In order to get my desktop looking good I wnet into the nVidia control panel and used the brightness and contrast adjustment with these settings
]
My desktop them looked pretty good

After changing it back it seemed too washed out

With the default settings intact there and the default settings in FarCry dark areas looked way too dark

So I upped the brighness alot along with the contrast a bit and some gamma and indoor scenes looked much better

However, when I walked outside the colors looked too bright

I put the FarCry settings back to default and it looked amazing outside but dark inside yet again

So basically I suck at monitor adjustment and I want to know what I should be doing to have the most perminant and good looking compromise for both the desktop and light and dark areas of games
I just bought a VA912b (because it was $258 after shipping) and I'm having some trouble adjusting it.
I'm using the input option for standard RGB on the monitor so there is no brightness or contrast adjustment there (what should I use?)
In order to get my desktop looking good I wnet into the nVidia control panel and used the brightness and contrast adjustment with these settings
My desktop them looked pretty good

After changing it back it seemed too washed out

With the default settings intact there and the default settings in FarCry dark areas looked way too dark

So I upped the brighness alot along with the contrast a bit and some gamma and indoor scenes looked much better

However, when I walked outside the colors looked too bright

I put the FarCry settings back to default and it looked amazing outside but dark inside yet again

So basically I suck at monitor adjustment and I want to know what I should be doing to have the most perminant and good looking compromise for both the desktop and light and dark areas of games