Just got a razer deathadder

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
I like it, it's replacing my MX- revolution :p

so, anyone else out there have this mouse?

i like it, but the way i like to sit my hand out the mouse it leaves 2 fingers on the right click and that sometimes clicks the button down which is annoying.

i just have to change the way i lay my hand on it.

but i like the sensitivity, and it goes well with my razer lycosa :)

I had one at one point, but I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. I also had it when it first came out, and the initial firmware was quite bad. I love my current mx-158

Don't have it personally, but have tried one at a B&M. Very impressive feeling mouse. I'm glade you like your's.

I have used it for 3 months now and love the feel. I hate the drivers though, as it doesn't save my settings for different sensitivities, so I just keep at a general sensitivity now.

Never liked it as much as the Copperhead, it felt like a step backward to something shitty like the MX510/18s. Better than my Intellimouse 3 though.

It was definitely the most responsive and accurate mouse I've ever owned (and as far as I know, it still remains the most responsive/accurate to date). But I absolutely HATED the ergonomics of it. The way the side mouse buttons were, and the sides of the mouse in general, kind of forced my hand to close in on it self and eventually I started to get cramps because of it. Another thing is that I use a really low sensitivity when I play first person shooters so I absolutely have to be able to pick up the mouse and move it quickly. The problem with the Deathadder was that there isn't any real sort of "nook" or ridge on the mouse for me to be able to effortlessly lift up the mouse. I like to hold my mouse with as much of a fingertip grip as possible (minimize palm contact) and with this type of a grip, it is virtually impossible for me to pick up a Deathadder unless I used some sort of a death inducing clench on the mouse.

My ideal mouse would be the internals of the Deathadder put into either the casing of the MX518 or the Copperhead. I like the MX518 just fine I guess, but I can definitely feel the inadequacies of its response and accuracy compared to the Deathadder. What really gets me is how ridiculously thick and heavy the mouse cord is. It was so detrimental to my playing (in Counter Strike, it COMPLETELY RUINED my one-deags because the cord would whip around so much with all that mass) that I ended up taking apart my defunct Copperhead, ripped out the wire from there and opened up my MX518 and plugged in the MUCH thinner/lighter Copperhead wire into the board of the MX518. Now I nearly have the best of both worlds.

I like both Logitech and Razer, but both companies for different reasons. It seems to me that Logitech thinks about its products more and let them mature before they release a new product. Razer on the other hand just keeps putting out new mice and peripherals in what seems to be a quarterly interval. I find that the Logitech mice are of very good quality and tend to much more elegant in terms of ergonomics, while Razer is comletely wishy-washy with their designs. Sometimes, I think their ergonomic designs are great, and other times I think they're terrible (Deathadder is a good example). The thing I do like about Razer though is that they seem to try to get out the best tech possible. Only thing is, they put out so many new products so frequently, that they end up missing opportunities to put out a killer product.

Unless I'm missing something (I haven't been keeping track of Razer simply because of how many products they've been putting out lately, just way too many), I think Razer could quite literally own the entire mouse market if they simply looked at what products they already have and see what is good about each one, and package the hardware into a very nice, elegant design. I really do believe that Razer already has multiple products where each has something absolutely great about them, but the individual product has some glaring issue (could be firmware, ergonomics, or just plain bad performance). If they simply took the great things of each product and put them together in one product, do lots of testing and find a very good ergonomic design, they wouldn't have to put out a new mouse every 4 months that happens to have only one good thing about it and the rest is junk.

I have had one for about a year, and I have to say: The best mouse I've ever used. Sure beat the old 2 button one I had before.

I love mine so much that I took it with me here to Afghanistan rather than take my older copperhead.

Should I get this over MX-518? I mean I love 518 but it's pretty old and worn out, and the scroll is like TICK TICK TICK TICK. :p Maybe I should open it up and clean the whatever the thingamajig is called inside.

I have one and love it also. People need to find out how they hold their mouse. Some people are what we call palm people others are finger tip people. The deatheradder is a palm mouse. Thats what I like about it, im getting the new World of Warcraft mouse when it comes out though. I hope its a palm mouse it looks like it will be.

I got one some months ago to replace my dying G5. I will say that it tracks better than the G5, however, I have big hands and the ergo of it bothered the hell out of me for quite sometime. I had to painfully find a new place to put my thumb-especially when playing FPS'. I miss the weightiness and overall broadness of the G5 and the user controlled on the fly sensitivity switching.

Its a very good mouse but the G5 is better for my needs.

Deathadder is an ace mouse.
Its really accurate, very comfy and works well on most surfaces.

I dont have the problem with 2 fingers sitting on the second mouse button, I drape the 2 none used fingers over the edge.
If using 3 fingers, perhaps rest one over the middle mouse button?

Back