Just got a PS3...

TheGooch69

Gawd
Got the 40gig version. I really don't desire any PS2 games, only PSX Final Fantasy games really. I mainly bought it to play Blu Ray movies as Blu Ray pretty much won the format war. Now my Xbox360 HD-DVD player gets to collect dust.

The only game I bought was Uncharted. I'm going to rent Ratchet and Clank, UT3 (to see how it looks compared to the PC version) and Resistance. Anyone got any other good suggestions? I really don't know of any other exclusive games that I would play nor that is coming out (I was never into MGS). I'm hoping that the new FF is better than the ones for PS2, they disappointed me so much compared to FFVII-IX

Use the Playstation store and start downloading demos of anything that looks interesting to you. Of the games you listed, I think only UT3 lacks a demo. Dirt is good if you want to try a racing game.

Also if you like shooters, Super Stardust HD and Everyday Shooter are great and only cost a few $ in the online store.

Warhawk looks promising. Is there a large active community for it? I'll add that to the list.

Motorstorm is awesome, so is Heavenly Sword. Also check out Folklore.

Warhawk's popular for sure. It's waned a little since it's launch back in the summer, but there's still an active community.
Tekken 5: DR's a good one. Ninja Gaiden Sigma's a must-have if you've never owned the others.
Not sure if you have any other other ones, but there's always Guitar Hero, Sing Star, or Rock Band

i just got my ps3 too and i got heavenly sword and ratchet and clank motostorm and resistance. all great games in my opinion.

I do have one gripe for Warhawk though. The aiming controls really, really suck. It's very noticeable after playing the almost-perfect Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank, which both have amazing controls.

Oh, and get Super Stardust HD, and Everyday Shooter. Two must haves from the PSN.

i didn't really like assassins creed. its fun for the first ten minutes and then it get very repetive

i didn't really like assassins creed. its fun for the first ten minutes and then it get very repetive

Yep, definitely the disappointment of the year. You can basically beat the game just hitting XXXXXXXXXX over and over. Then you have the same five quests disguised as different quests the whole game.

I downloaded Ratchet and Clank and Resistance. Ratchet is amazing, going to buy that. Resistance however is ridiculously hard for me. For some reason I can't get pass maybe 2-5 minutes without dying. I'm probably just a noob who knows.

Uncharted is bad ass as well. Great game, glad that I bought it.

I thought Resistance was really hard at first too, but a lot of it was adapting to a controller. Plus Resistance doesn't baby you like other games. Keep at it and within a few hours you'll get the hang of it. Assuming you play fps and have some ability.Overall, I thought it was balanced. I think Resistance 2 could be sleeper FPS GOTY material.

Maybe it's just me, but I find music BluRays to be the best value. You'll usually play these a lot more than a video, so if you're interested in BRD, consider this.

I thought Resistance was really hard at first too, but a lot of it was adapting to a controller. Plus Resistance doesn't baby you like other games. Keep at it and within a few hours you'll get the hang of it. Assuming you play fps and have some ability.Overall, I thought it was balanced. I think Resistance 2 could be sleeper FPS GOTY material.

I doubt sleeper would be the term to describe it since they're going to advertise THE LIVING SHIT out of it since Resistance 1 is the best selling PS3 exclusive.

It probably won't have the "please vote for me for GOTY" stickers all over it like Bioshock, but they're definitely going to try to hype up people to buy it.

just please don't pre-pay for games. I did this for Haze. The game was slated to be released in November and then was delayed to quarter one of 2008. I am still waiting for a firm launch date for this title and every day my expectations keep getting lower and lower for it's overall quality. I guess it could be worse though. They could have just released what was finished at the original release date and we could have had another game like Lair on our hands.

Well Lair's failure wasn't lack of development time, it was purely because of one very simple, and incredibly bad, decision to use the Sixaxis motion sensing instead of the tried and true dual analog solution. It didn't matter if Lair was developed for another year, it would still suck balls because of that. It is actually a good game ruined by the Sixaxis. I just keep hoping they find a way to patch a new control scheme into it, then I'd pick it up.

Well Lair's failure wasn't lack of development time, it was purely because of one very simple, and incredibly bad, decision to use the Sixaxis motion sensing instead of the tried and true dual analog solution. It didn't matter if Lair was developed for another year, it would still suck balls because of that. It is actually a good game ruined by the Sixaxis. I just keep hoping they find a way to patch a new control scheme into it, then I'd pick it up.

You really cannot blame the use of the SixAxis for it's failure. It is all in the programing. If you were to stick with the tried and the true then the Wii would never have taken off. That system is being praised for it's continued efforts to innovate the console's controller and it works because of the proper programming use. I am old enough to remember when people were saying the same things about the mouse as a gimmick controller to a personal computer and that it made things clunky and unusable.

I haven't tried Lair yet, but is it as bad as they say? Ratchet and Clank uses the Six-axis for the glider and it wored pretty well, so did Lair just screw up the implementation?

OP should give Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden and Kane & Lynch demos a try. The first two are similar, but are fun; problem is HS is suppose to be really short. Nonetheless, it is a very good showcase of the PS3. I only got my PS3 about a month ago and still only have Uncharted, Ratchet and Fight Night 3. Not that there are no games, I just can't "afford" it until my CC's payment period ends;).

Also, I know what you mean about Resistance. I couldn't kill anything for the first hour cause of the controls. It's nowhere near as precise as a Kb&M, but it's usable. After replaying the demo twice, I've gotten more use to it.

Another vote for picking up Heavenly Sword. I just picked it up myself and I'm loving it so far.

Yah, so the game is supposed to be really short, but that's perfect for me because it means I might actually finish it instead of it gathering dust, unfinished, like the 'longer' games I have in my collections :eek:

Back