Just got a OCZ Agility 3, update firmware to v2.11 or wait to see if I have problems

Sprtfan

Limp Gawd
I was going to move to my first SSD this weekend and have a OCZ Agility 3. Before I purchased it I saw that some people were having BSOD problems with it but I thought it had been fixed with a firware update. After reading some more threads after I received the Agility 3, some people were saying that they were fine until they updated the firmware to v2.11. Would it be better to see if I'm ok with out the update or would it be best to install it right off the bat? Thanks

Try without the firmware first. I have a such disk and have no problems unders Solaris 11 Express

I had issues with my Vertex 3 with firmware ver 2.06 blue screening when sitting idle for long periods of time. I updated to 2.09 and the issues stopped. I've since updated to 2.11 and still haven't had any issues since. Though I've seen on the OCZ forums people still seem to be having issues even with 2.11 but it seems really sporadic.

I would say if you're not having any issues then just stay at your current firmware.

Avoid like the plague.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?94404-Agility-3-Disappearing-from-BIOS

Building my brand new Mini-ITX system (documented elsewhere on the SFF subforum here on [H] with an Asus P8H67-I Deluxe mobo, my OCZ Agility 3 SSD died after exactly 6 days--BSODing and disappearing from BIOS. First with 2.11 firmware and then on a brand new second replacement Agility 3 another 6 days later, tonight that is.

Avoid OCZ and/or SandForce like the plague if you have a newer motherboard since it seems older-generations of SSDs and/or mobos have less trouble.

ARRRGH WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

(Also, I've had 4 other SSDs on an X58 system and AMD system (40GB Intel and Kingston SSDNow V100) without any trouble.)

While I understand the level of support is non-existent on Intel's "self-help" community forums differs compared to the well-meaning but pointless OCZ-official-tech-support forums, the level of polish in Intel's SSD Toolbox software compared to the rinky dinky amateur hour SSD flashing program OCZ provides is very telling.

It makes no difference. 2 different SSDs have died each on 2.11 and 2.13.

Back