Just got a new monitor, but I think the "Black equalizer setting" is crushing my blacks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzerok11

Gawd
So in the lagom black level test page I can only see the bottom row everything above is all black completely. The monitor is the new Samsung C27JG50 VA panel so was my old monitor was also VA. I left everything at default except brightness which was 100% and it's at set at 40% for now. The only other setting I've changed is Gamma mode from 1 to 2, I put actually put it back to 1 and the results are the same. Anyway the monitor Picture mode was is set at custom if your wondering.
In the settings there's a black equalizer setting and the contrast setting I played with. If you wondering I'm using a Display port cable and in the NCP it automatically set itself at full so I know that's fine.
Anyway I played with both black equalizer setting and the contrast setting and makes no difference. I don't quite remember but I could of swore with my old monitor I could see all the black squares except the top row which I was fine with me, but with this monitor I can only see the bottom row this doesn't seem acceptable ??
But here's the real kicker I played Metro 2033 a few days ago on my old monitor and now played it again with this new monitor the picture and the dark scenes they look the same I can't see any black crush I see the same detail with this new monitor. I also played Doom and it looks fine. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Last edited:
Very odd I restarted my PC and now I can see almost all the black squares now. I'm not sure what happened. Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back