• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just got a funky 6800...wth?!

BakedGoods

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
312
I recently got a 6800nu, it’s the same one found in early 6800nu reviews, made by nVidia. Reference fan, reference everything. No manufacture just nVidia. Now I haven’t had any problems with it. I’ve managed to OC it to 380/870. The temp doesn’t get higher then 71C. The fan is great. The only weird thing was, when I first installed it it claimed the stock clocks where 300/700, the 6800nu are 325/700. I’m assuming it was just the software. I don’t think nVidia offers warrenty on these cards, so I’m wondering, should I sell this card and grab a BFG or eVGA? I’m just curious as to what you guys think.
 
if you got it to 380.870 why are you complaining? its now overclocked and runs fine right? id call it day unless you ant to spend more money in which case you should have bought a GT
 
Was there a manufacturer name on the box? If it was actually built by Nvidia (just like some x800's are built by Ati, which also provides the warranty) then the warranty will be fron Nvidia. As for the overclock, who cares what the default is. If it runs stable at those speeds, why complain? There wouldn't be any benefit to selling it and buying another brand...
 
BakedGoods said:
I recently got a 6800nu, it’s the same one found in early 6800nu reviews, made by nVidia. Reference fan, reference everything. No manufacture just nVidia. Now I haven’t had any problems with it. I’ve managed to OC it to 380/870. The temp doesn’t get higher then 71C. The fan is great. The only weird thing was, when I first installed it it claimed the stock clocks where 300/700, the 6800nu are 325/700. I’m assuming it was just the software. I don’t think nVidia offers warrenty on these cards, so I’m wondering, should I sell this card and grab a BFG or eVGA? I’m just curious as to what you guys think.

Its very possible the early review samples were clocked at 300/700 in BIOS instead of 325/700. That being said there is no reason to sell the card unless you want a warranty.
 
I've checked nVidia's site and they do not offer any warrenties. Only through the manufacturer. Yes I believe the card is a reference card, but I'm really worried that if something happens to the card I'm out $400(CDN). Anyway, I'll hold off until I can get a BFG, those have lifetime warrenties right? =D
 
I believe the early reference cards were actually made by eVGA.....how did you get that card again? :confused:
 
joemama said:
I believe the early reference cards were actually made by eVGA.....how did you get that card again? :confused:
eBay :D Is there something distinct on the card that would let me to believe it's an eVGA? It does look identical to one...
 
NV does not make cards, EVGA does that for them. They are the ones that make every reference cards out there. On a side note, I hate ebay. :rolleyes:
 
BakedGoods said:
Thanks guys, I'll contact eVGA about it!
If you can find a serial on the card they may have it in their database....if it is indeed a review sample they may not honor the warranty however.
 
Back
Top