• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just got a 9600xt, but having some problems

ttoad4000t

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
365
I had a FX5600ultra, but was getting tired of the fps lag in halo, so i bought a 9600xt, it worked fine for the first day, but i come back today, and my screen goes blank (but the monitor doesnt say it stopped responding) or i get the blue screen of death and have to restart. What can I do to fix this?


if it matters, my setup is:

9600xt
2500 barton
an35ultra shuttle mobo
512 PC3200 (Generic Brand)
Running Windows XP HOME


Any help would be appriciated



Thanks,
Todd
 
I had a 9600XT in my daughters Biostar IDEQ 200V, it didnt work at all. It would never get a signal, and the PC wouldnt boot up. Put a 9800XT in there, Ti4600, GF4 MX and they all worked fine. After doing some digging, it seems the card wasnt getting enough power.

My PSU was a 200w, not sure what yours is. I know our venders our different, but the issues might be the same. Read this thread and the links in it. It shed some light on it for me.

Also, here is a good Shuttle mobo forum. You might find some help in there.

I sent my GeXCube 9600XT back to newegg, and am waiting on a refund. Then Im getting a BFG 5900NU.
 
it starts up just fine, but after about 5 minutes of running windows it just stops responding.


I have a 350watt

I think it may be because i didnt get all of the nvidia files off.


any more input would be appriciated
 
your rails may not be stable, try unplugging some extra stuff and see if it works, or rerouting your power.
 
I thought you had a Shuttle SFF case, with a small PSU. Whoops.
 
Which versions of ati's drivers are u using?
Can u get into windows in safe mode?
Have u tried updating ur bois for ur board?
Is the card plug right into the power supply only? (or power supply to HD to video card?)
Did u overclock the card at all?
Have u tried taking the card out and putting it back in, that worked for me when my computer was giving boot problem.

I'm just trying to figure this out. It should work but it sounds like the power supply. Try ur old card out and see if ur computer still works. And also how old is the power supply?
 
im using the catalyst 4.1
I can boot into windows, it only runs at real low clock speeds (128/297) it wont do the stock 499, or even above 400. THe powersupply is less than 2 months old, and ran the 5600ultra fine. This card doesnt have a place to plug it straight into the powersupply like my otherone did, it just goes straight into the APG slot.
 
I have a similar problem that I posted, and I feel that you are having a VPU recovery problem.

Go into Properties>Settings>Advanced>VPU Recovery

Is VPU Recovery enabled? If not, turn it back on and you have a chance to keep your computer from crashing... though it'll pop up with a message about the VPU recovery happening... which is almost as annoying as the crashing. I have no solution for this, and I'm trying to work out it still.
 
Its been on, and at first it would do the VPU recover, but now it has just been dieing and I have to restart my computer
 
check your voltages on your PSU, friend got a new 500watt generic psu and two of the voltages were way off so he couldnt use his aiw 9600pro except at low speeds as well and couldnt run windows stably.
 
Back
Top