Just got a 360, few questions

aFive

2[H]4U
Hey guys, my PS3 took a dump on me few days ago... Ironically it happens the day after I buy a brand new LED TV. I decided to get Xbox this time around, I don't game on consoles much, but a lot of my coworkers play the 360, figured I'd pick it up instead, and the deal on the new 250g Elite seemed too good to pass up.

Anyways, I have a few questions, seems like some are basic, but figured I'd ask.

1) Hulu plus, any idea when that may be coming out? So far it is one of the only things I really miss, I used to love watching hulu on my ps3.
2) I dunno if I am biased since i am used to pc games, but does 360 games look a bit worse than ps3 counterparts? (NBA 2k11, Black OPS).
3) What are some of the things I should do that I couldn't do on ps3? I really like the ESPN streaming on it, pretty neat. Any good game recommendations? I really want to play a good/open world RPG such as Oblivion, I have Fable III, so far, seems ok.

As far as cross platform games on PS3 vs 360, they tend to look fairly similar. Most of the time they are actually slightly better on 360 in some form (frame rate, actual resolution, AA, etc). For exclusive games the PS3 probably has the edge in graphics.

For open world RPG's I'd stay away from Oblivion on consoles. I played it on my console and the load times were horrible, though I still finished it. I would stick to PC for those type of games.

Hey guys, my PS3 took a dump on me few days ago... Ironically it happens the day after I buy a brand new LED TV. I decided to get Xbox this time around, I don't game on consoles much, but a lot of my coworkers play the 360, figured I'd pick it up instead, and the deal on the new 250g Elite seemed too good to pass up.

Anyways, I have a few questions, seems like some are basic, but figured I'd ask.

1) Hulu plus, any idea when that may be coming out? So far it is one of the only things I really miss, I used to love watching hulu on my ps3.
2) I dunno if I am biased since i am used to pc games, but does 360 games look a bit worse than ps3 counterparts? (NBA 2k11, Black OPS).
3) What are some of the things I should do that I couldn't do on ps3? I really like the ESPN streaming on it, pretty neat. Any good game recommendations? I really want to play a good/open world RPG such as Oblivion, I have Fable III, so far, seems ok.

1. Confirmed Q1 2011 (rumors of January)
2. The GPU in the 360 is more powerful than the PS3, whereas the CPU in the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. What this means is that most games tend to look about the same on both platform, and lean to the side where the game was developed primarily on. I believe over this generation the large majority of multi platform games have both ran and looked better on the 360.
3. Get on Live as soon as you can. You do not need Gold, Silver can do everything Gold can, accept no online play, or weekly sales etc.. When creating a new Live account you will get Gold free for 30 days to try out those features. Upgrading to Gold is worthwhile if you enjoy MP and want to play with co workers, I suggest finding it for cheap on Amazon or Buy.com. Additionally, dive head first into XBLA (Arcade), there is software here not available on either PC or PS3 that will blow your socks off. XBLA is a gem of the 360.

Remember that there are demos for just about everything on the market, use that 260GB drive and try things out. Google around to see 360 exclusives you didn't have access to on the PC/PS3 and see what you like. The one thing you'll notice about the 360 is how unified everything will feel, the services all interact with one another because of strict standards Microsoft has put in place mandating it so.

Fool around with Windows Media Center, Netflix, Last.FM and tinker with the Zune marketplace if need be. There are a lot of great multimedia features built into the 360 now that took years to be added, I would imagine seeing it all together for the first time would be much better than experiencing it pieced together over the past 5 years.

Explore.

No idea on when this is coming.

The difference between the graphics on the PS3 and the 360 are negligible at most.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas

Back