Just got 9600 xt OMG!!! I LOVE IT!

repeatx3

n00b
I went from a geforce 4 mx so OMG I love it, just wanted to express my happiness !!

Originally posted by repeatx3
I went from a geforce 4 mx so OMG I love it, just wanted to express my happiness !!

Must have been like night and day. Havr fun with the new video card. :)

I just upgraded also. From a geforce4 4200 to a 9800xt. What a difference. :D

Heh. You skipped an entire iteration of DX. :D

Enjoy the eye-candy.

I just got my ATI 9600XT today. Came from OC' PNY Farce4 Ti 4200. Hands down, ATI freakin rules! Played all games w/ everything turned up 1280 x1024. Stable. Now, I am going to OC' this mofo :)

CS starts to skip a lil bit when the screen is crowded or mad fire fights...but enough to be playable...haven't had those with my ti4600 128mb 8x agp....but fried the ti4600 (i dont even know how i fried it...maybe static? one day computer just wouldn't post and got video card error beep codes) so eVGA replaced with 5600 Ultra..wasn't happy with that..so bought the Asus 9600XT and sold 5600 Ultra to a friend

i upgraded from a radeon 9100 64-bit to a geforce FX 5900 256-bit...almost no difference. yet i still haven't RMAed...wtf is wrong with me??? :(

Why go for a 9600XT when the 9700 pro is signifigantly better at a minimal increase in price?...

Originally posted by creepcolony
i upgraded from a radeon 9100 64-bit to a geforce FX 5900 256-bit...almost no difference. yet i still haven't RMAed...wtf is wrong with me??? :(

LOL, your doing something wrong there buddy.. there is a huge difference between those two cards

Hell, I'm still using a GF2 MX400.

I'm looking at either a 9600XT or BFG 5900nu to replace it.

Good to hear that!

I'm using integrated GF4 MX, and my Radeon 9800 pro should come in a week or two (bought right here on [H]).

Blast, I think that the Geforce 4 MX is only 10-25% better than the Geforce 2 MX (if they have the same amount of memory).

The Geforce 2 MX awesome 3 years ago. I had one.

I upgraded from a FX5200U to a 9800Pro->XT, and OMG was the difference clear. Of course then i went to a 6800GT and then to a X800XL and then to a 7900GTO(failed miserably) and now my X1950. Each of my videocard upgrades were giant leaps forward(except, maybe the 6800->X800).

I am glad you are enjoying your new hardware. My friend is also running a 9600XT in a Athlon XP rig and runs NFS:Carbon just fine for him.

This thread is old, but its a gem! It brings back memories of lusting after the 9800xt but having to settle for a 9600xt (that to this date was my favorite card of all time).

Im going to sit here in my chair and enjoy the nostalgic fuzzies now :)

How's this for a giant leap forward: I went from a Voodoo3 2000 to my trusty old 9600XT. :eek:

The 9600 is still chugging along under mom's desk. Actually, my entire old PC is still chugging along under Mom's desk.

this thread reminds me of when I was still a hardware nub with an emachine. I paid 150 dollars for a 9600se at fred meyers thinking it was a "special edition."(se) Well I couldn't figure out why my games were literally performing about the same as my 9000pro (well maybe a little faster) thats when I learned from a little research what 64bit, 128bit, and so on meant and thus the circle of nerdness began.

mmm
i bought a 9700 pro from ebay brand new
for like 45 us dollars...
i used it for lol 3 weeks on my p3 hobby rig..
then i went out bought a X800GTO 16 piple for 85 us dollars

god i love nostalgic threads :D

I remember in my 2nd gaming rig that had a GF2 GTS in it and swapped it out with a Ti4600 with an AMD Tbird 1400 and noticed an orgasmic difference

those days of gaming and gaming hardware were so much fun

Holy shit, I was so sure I had gone back in time! I'm looking through the thread and I'm like "wtf if he's that excited about a 9600XT, I'd hate to see his head asplode if he got to experience some 8800GTX goodness".

Hmmm - I went looking for old threads yesterday and I do believe this was the oldest. Intentional thread-necromancy FTL!

I remember going from a 1.6GHz P4 with a Geforce 2 MX 400 and going to an Athlon 64 3200+ with a 9800pro. Wow.

In before someone....

...makes a post like

I had <insert obscure machine here> and it had <insert old-timey specifications> and then I upgraded to <faster, less obscure machine> and wow was I ever <insert feelings of happiness>

God...I remember when I got the GeCube 9550XT...inexpensive little bastard that was basically a rejected 9600XT, but with the cooler on it that wouldn't be seen on most cards for another generation. Think I still got it somewhere, but it got toasted when I forgot to enable the PCI/AGP lock while overclocking. :eek:

Back