• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just getting into Guild Wars

I think one of my biggest problems in playing as an assassin is that I keep trying to view GW's aggro system as like WoW's which is completely wrong. From what I've read GW's aggro works logically, targeting the easiest foe first with hopes of taking them out. Makes sense. Now, I was wondering how I would go about dropping aggro as I can't seem to find much on the subject and I find myself tanking from time to time. I would eventually like to drop my reliance on the self-healing shadow arts skills.

There are two guildwiki pages on that, each with sections on breaking aggro:

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aggro

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guide_to_Aggro
 
I finally got my trilogy delivered last night from Newegg. It's still 3 days ahead of ETA from the cancelled Amazon order, so I'm happy. I only played a little Nightfall, but it's pretty nice. I can see myself spending many hours with this game, especially since it runs ok on my wife's integrated graphics too.

I haven't made it as far as the friends list yet, but I'll add the names in this thread when I figure out how. I'm 'Withnail Andi' BTW.

I read that there are some PvP arenas that are capped at level 10. Should I check those out as I approach that level, or wait until 20?
 
I finally got my trilogy delivered last night from Newegg. It's still 3 days ahead of ETA from the cancelled Amazon order, so I'm happy. I only played a little Nightfall, but it's pretty nice. I can see myself spending many hours with this game, especially since it runs ok on my wife's integrated graphics too.

I haven't made it as far as the friends list yet, but I'll add the names in this thread when I figure out how. I'm 'Withnail Andi' BTW.

I read that there are some PvP arenas that are capped at level 10. Should I check those out as I approach that level, or wait until 20?

Id wait till 20. Anyone in arenas before 20 are usually twinked out the ass.
 
Gentoo if you need some first hand help I'll be on later tonight just drop me a pm in game name is Dying Is For Noobs
 
I seem to be somewhat stuck. I'm level 10.5, and I can't find anymore quests to do in Nightfall. I browsed the list of all quests, but when I look at ones I haven't done, I seem to be too low or they are in different areas. Continuing the primary one requires that I be level 12 or a first-spear, and both of those require several more quests to achieve that.

I tried going out west, but I can't find a way into Fahranur. If I follow the path around there to the south I come to a portal, but the guard won't let me through. I get the same response if I cross over the bridge to head to the islands to the south (the keys?). I guess I have to have a quest to reach those areas?

I did manage to find some quests up in Zehlon Reach by exploring out there, but those too have run out. I just did get M.O.X., but the quest I get from him requires me to go to places I've never heard of, some of which appear to be in the other campaigns.

I tried taking the boat, but that just takes me to the PvP area, and the only way off is to go back. How do I actually get to the mainland? I sure don't feel like grinding out a level and a half, seeing how pitiful the XP is from kills.
 
I seem to be somewhat stuck. I'm level 10.5, and I can't find anymore quests to do in Nightfall. I browsed the list of all quests, but when I look at ones I haven't done, I seem to be too low or they are in different areas. Continuing the primary one requires that I be level 12 or a first-spear, and both of those require several more quests to achieve that.

I tried going out west, but I can't find a way into Fahranur. If I follow the path around there to the south I come to a portal, but the guard won't let me through. I get the same response if I cross over the bridge to head to the islands to the south (the keys?). I guess I have to have a quest to reach those areas?

I did manage to find some quests up in Zehlon Reach by exploring out there, but those too have run out. I just did get M.O.X., but the quest I get from him requires me to go to places I've never heard of, some of which appear to be in the other campaigns.

I tried taking the boat, but that just takes me to the PvP area, and the only way off is to go back. How do I actually get to the mainland? I sure don't feel like grinding out a level and a half, seeing how pitiful the XP is from kills.

You get to the mainland by doing a mission... I don't recall not being able to reach the level 12 goal in Nightfall. Did you do both Jokanur Diggings and Blacktide Den missions?

The MOX quest is... troublesome to say the least. Don't worry about it for a while.
 
Are you following this page?

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_overviews_(Nightfall)

There are primary quests, and there are primary missions. You need to do both, in order. For example, you must complete the "Signs and Portents" primary quest (and all the quests and missions before it) before you can do the "Jokanur Diggings" mission, and you will not be able to do the quest "Isle of the Dead" until you have completed that mission. After completing "Jokanur Diggings", you need to do the quest "Isle of the Dead" and then the four quests after that before you can do the next mission, "Blacktide Den".

Since you can't enter Fahranur, that means you have not done the Jokanur Diggings mission yet.
 
I've done 'Leaving a Legacy', but I can't do 'The Honorable General' until I am 12 or a first spear (120 some points away). Jokanur Diggings and Blacktide Den come next, so no hope of those yet. This is why I'm stuck, and I can't help but feel I've missed something. I even went back to Chahbek Village, just to see if there were any other quests. The guy at the gate still offers me the first mission, but doing it again does nothing.
 
The Honorable General quest page does show you need to be level 12 or have First Spear rank to continue. Clicking on First Rank gets you the Sunspear Rank page, at the bottom of which is a link to the Sunspear point farming page. As they explain, be aware of the bounty NPCs just outside of each city, which gives you Sunspear points for killing certain species of monsters, and also doubles the experience you gain from those monsters. You don't even really need to take any quests - just take the bounties and kill stuff. You'll get both First Spear and Level 12 quickly.
 
Man, I used to play this and loved it. I stopped when I had two lev 20s and a lev 16 character. Just didn't have enough time for it anymore.

I also loved how you don't have to pay a monthly fee.
 
The Honorable General quest page does show you need to be level 12 or have First Spear rank to continue. Clicking on First Rank gets you the Sunspear Rank page, at the bottom of which is a link to the Sunspear point farming page. As they explain, be aware of the bounty NPCs just outside of each city, which gives you Sunspear points for killing certain species of monsters, and also doubles the experience you gain from those monsters. You don't even really need to take any quests - just take the bounties and kill stuff. You'll get both First Spear and Level 12 quickly.

Thanks man, this did the trick. I'd seen the bounties before, but they sounded too grindy for me. I did the insect one outside Jokanur, killed the 2 packs of 5 nearby for a fast 10 points, warped back to town to reset, and repeated. My XP barely moved, but I hit first spear pretty fast.
 
Exploit the bounties as much as you can while you're going around doing other stuff. Doubling the experience and collecting faction points add up and help you out further down the road.
 
Back
Top